Builds Megadoomer Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a great place to drink some beers and fall down the mountain.
If you do fall, you are going to roll for a while. The west bank pert near straight down.

Sunset Piggy:
1697469649252.png

1697469667892.png

Trying out the new hammock.
1697469796470.png

The spot is great for views and privacy. The wind really picked up when the sun went down and being on that peak made it a little annoying. The tent was noisy all night and we had broken sleep. Still better than sitting at home or being at #$%&.

@Megadoomer
So I wasted a good part of the afternoon reliving our first Pig Party via the newly posted thread pulling together all or our annual adventures. Interesting to note that while preparing for Rico in January of 2017 you were talking about building a spare tire mount. Latest pics show you're still running naked. Now I've done some serious procrastination in my time but you may be ahead by a nose! Congrats on all the other serious progress you've made...just couldn't resist the nudge.
We all ought to get a backslap or two for carrying on the Pig Party tradition for seven years now.

@Megadoomer
So I wasted a good part of the afternoon reliving our first Pig Party via the newly posted thread pulling together all or our annual adventures. Interesting to note that while preparing for Rico in January of 2017 you were talking about building a spare tire mount. Latest pics show you're still running naked. Now I've done some serious procrastination in my time but you may be ahead by a nose! Congrats on all the other serious progress you've made...just couldn't resist the nudge.
We all ought to get a backslap or two for carrying on the Pig Party tradition for seven years now.
I had one for a while. I just don't like the look and the weight hanging off the back. Hoping to keep the spares on the trailer aand temporarily put a tire in the cargo area for short trips.

😞no. Just so much going on lately. Lots of side work and now a puppy to watch after. I am going to start something over the holiday break.

That was a lie. Well its mostly true but the last bit was not.

Still very busy but I needed to fit in a garage day to sort some nagging bits out. Drove it to work the other day and the front end felt off. Did some shaking and wiggling. Found the passenger side knuckle and arm nuts were really loose. I could move tire back and forth with out the steering. Moving. Tightened them and checked the rest. That was last week but I drove up to Steve's today with the puppy in the pig. My wipers didn't work. Backup lights didn't work. Ignition starter was getting hot. And got some voltage drop codes.

The ground fell out and caused the wipers to not work.

Backup light is on a fuse with cruise control and I didn't have a fuse in it. Derp.

Voltage drop I think is a bad regulator in the alternator. Need to replace.

Starter wires on the ignition were blade style and were loosey goosey. Changed to eyelet and that doesn't get hot now.

The only pic worthy thing but didnt take photos yet. I have been fighting my radiator sliding to the passenger side and making my fan rub the shroud. I took some angle and made a few brackets to stop the side to side movement. Thin kit might be solved.

Starter wires on the ignition were blade style and were loosey goosey
I had that problem for a couple years, it would make the motor stumble for a second and then fire back up. Loose hot wire to the ignition.

Well, at least you found the loose knuckle before something bad happened, that's a blessing.

If they don't honor a free replacement, I might have a look at those alternators. Mine not even a year old I think.

A lot of you seem to be in the wiring phase of your $5k budget builds. A word of advice for yall. Make sure you are getting quality wire. I dont have a resource or suggestion but dont buy what I bought. It is rotting from the core and little BS gremlins are popping up for me.

The issue I had last year in Flagstaff was bad wire. A gound on the dash was a cause of issues recently. The ground for my fuel pump disintegrated. Now my passenger rear brake light is out because of the wire. It is frustrating and probably worse than that is a lot of my pig was done with it so randomly for the rest of my life something will probably stop working with no warning.

PSA over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom