Builds Megadoomer Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

👆🏼👇🏼😄

IMG_3313.jpeg

If @Megadoomer wants to drive to Idaho I'll donate all the wire he needs to
rewire his pig before PP2024
I do want to drive to ID. Not for wires or any other reason other to see your shop and hang out.

Took me all week but I whipped that 24" of wire and my brake light is good to go.
1709570445889.gif

During that week, Steve was repairing my daily. New water pump on my 3.5 Ecoboost. If ya know, ya know. Lots of new parts in there now

On Sunday we actually worked on the redneck trailer. Got it completely stripped down and ready for blasting. The only bits left is to take the doors apart. I have to wait a few weeks before I can get back on it, but we are going to weld in some cross braces and possibly chop the roof off. We may do that before blasting, all depends on timing. Probably going to take it off the frame and try to set it up so we can blast inside and out, top and bottom.
20240317_130046.jpg
20240317_130052.jpg

I have also been doing a few odds n ends on the Megadoomer and getting ready to go to the Baja 250 on Friday for the weekend. As usual I will probably be finishing it all Thursday night in the dark.

A lot of you seem to be in the wiring phase of your $5k budget builds. A word of advice for yall. Make sure you are getting quality wire. I dont have a resource or suggestion but dont buy what I bought. It is rotting from the core and little BS gremlins are popping up for me.

The issue I had last year in Flagstaff was bad wire. A gound on the dash was a cause of issues recently. The ground for my fuel pump disintegrated. Now my passenger rear brake light is out because of the wire. It is frustrating and probably worse than that is a lot of my pig was done with it so randomly for the rest of my life something will probably stop working with no warning.

PSA over.
That would be really frustrating!
I found some nice stuff when I was cleaning up wiring in an engine swap - let me see if I can dig that up.
They have different grade/spec wire, and a lot of great color & stripe options.

So Baja was awesome. The whole experience was fun. The race and seeing these trucks jam by us at 80 mph on a road couldn't go faster than 10 or 15. I'm putting together a video and will post later.

Side note. There was 5 trucks in our group. 2 f150s, a Cherokee, and a real nice Tacoma Prerunner. I had to pull out everything from soft sand but the Taco.

We need to see a pig in that race!
That road we started on does not look as rutted in the video. Where the Trophy trucks were doing 80 mph, we couldn't go faster than 10-15mph or I would rearrange all the gear in the back of the pig.

Your pig looks good there , right at home You guys stand too close ????

Here is a rough dump of the videos I took in Baja. Turn the sound up!

Thanks for sharing! 😎🍻

Man some of them boys were really cooking, how uncomfortable was standing that close as they flail on the whoops, for a couple anyways it looked sketch?

Thanks for sharing! 😎🍻

Man some of them boys were really cooking, how uncomfortable was standing that close as they flail on the whoops, for a couple anyways it looked sketch?
Well the first truck popped my cherry and I was very uneasy. So worried I forgot to hit record and missed him. He was the pole winner and went on to get first. When we went to mile 280 to see them again we only just got there in time to hop out of the truck and watch him go by. So I got zero footage of the best truck out there.

You end up feeling pretty safe. I would start filming close to the road but end up about 20 feet away when they pass. You can see they pick
up a lot of dust but you don't see, or feel the sand blast on your face as they go by. It's annoying and awesome at the same time.

Go there with a bunch locals and you'll never be hungry and never not have a cold one close by. I recommend the experience.

Well.....
20240330_143520.jpg

I was alone. Nobody was hurt. I walked away. Not physically hurt but I cried a little bit on the side of the road.

The back end came free in the rain and I counter steered too much and it rolled. The body is totalled. It still runs and drives. I am looking for a decent body or a runner. Hoping the Knights can keep an eye out. @Pigeaten has a body but no doors. I might go that route and/or get a runner too. Maybe end up with 2 pigs? Might do a frame off build now. I knew my pig could have used that but I didn't want it down for so long. Maybe why I need a runner and a body. Not sure what I want to do. Still devastated.

Oh no!!! From the looks of things you’re damn lucky to be able to sit on the side of the road and cry, and after all you’ve put into it. Hope you find a way to resurrect it.

So sorry to hear this, just the little deal with mine made me think real hard about life. After the shock keep remembering nobody got hurt.

I have a 71 body here, also with no doors. The body is pretty good, except for driver's rear panel. You can have it if needed.

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom