Official LX570s Picture Thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to share the cosmetic update to the lx. My wife calls it the eggplant car. lol

DSC03546.jpeg

Nice :cool: That is my favorite LX bumper out there. I wish someone would copy you and sell them :eek:

Have always loved that snorkel. Pity it doesn't flow enough for the Harrop 2650
If you could create a second opening specifically for that purpose 🤔 one you could open and close at the push of a switch 😉

If you could create a second opening specifically for that purpose 🤔 one you could open and close at the push of a switch 😉
Good idea if I could have something open at the same time the boost valve opens in the blower. Currently working on installing the new Donaldson Powercore air cleaner system which will give me more air flow. Just trying to work out the size of the pre filter intake required to get enough air speed into it at full noise

Would love to see pics of the rear bumper custom tube work!
It’s being worked on as we speak. I should have it back in a few days so I will post an update on it with the dual swing outs completed. But here is what it looks like currently. I left the two corner pieces unwrapped because we might be cutting into it for the swingout hinges.

IMG_6573.jpeg

Just wanted to share the cosmetic update to the lx. My wife calls it the eggplant car. lol

View attachment 3553906

I am going to ping you at some point to get you to join up with us on a trail because I'd like to see this color in person (and crawling over some granite ;)

On that note, how do you suppose that matte finish will hold up to the manzanita? Is it wrapped? Or are you just going to roll with it?

I am going to ping you at some point to get you to join up with us on a trail because I'd like to see this color in person (and crawling over some granite ;)

On that note, how do you suppose that matte finish will hold up to the manzanita? Is it wrapped? Or are you just going to roll with it?
Yup ping me 😉 👍 I haven’t been to Manzanita yet. We will be taking it to Rubicon in a couple months though.

The vinyl does have a slight self healing factor in the heat/sun but nothing like PPF. PPF would be a better choice if you’re looking to protect the original paint. My last wrap had a ton of pinstripes that didn’t go away. It does minimize light branch scratches.

It’s being worked on as we speak. I should have it back in a few days so I will post an update on it with the dual swing outs completed. But here is what it looks like currently. I left the two corner pieces unwrapped because we might be cutting into it for the swingout hinges.

View attachment 3561400
Looks like you removed the factory rear cross member really allowing to the bumper to tuck in and flow with the body

Love how the plate work transitions to the tubular sides, such a compliment to the factory lines

Your fabricator has skills!

Picked up my brothers LX yesterday. He was going to trade it for a new one and found an almost new LX570 with 30k instead. His 2011 LX is a good match for my 2011 LC…. Wife said she is keeping the LC so the LX is my new ride.

IMG_9061.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom