Events/Trails OFFICIAL LCDC 10 Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if I was doing it wrong or if the website just sucks before. Even while I was applying now I was having pages time out. But I got far enough that the FCC has my $35, so I assume I did it right.
I assume you got an FRN, then you can login and get your call sign and even print your license

Attendees: please check out the most recent email that went out Tuesday morning. We have a short survey to help us confirm headcount.
Do you guys prefer a count that is Max possible, or most likely? My party could be as many as 3 and as few as 1 depending on how things work out.

In!

Thanks for the heads up about the email landing in spam. Mailchimp recommends adding our addresses (info@200lcdc.com and info@landcruiserdc.com) to your contacts to help prevent this from happening. Our account has a very low incidence of spam ratings and they indicated there's not much we can do content-wise that we're not already doing to make it through the spam filters. It must either be the approved contact list thing or super restrictive filtering (i.e. sending anything with the word "unsubscribe" to spam).

Nonetheless, we want to make sure y'all are getting the newsletter updates as that is our official form of communication. I just sent a regular email to a subset of you that appear to have had trouble receiving the newsletter. The regular email contains a link to the newsletter as well as a survey link which we need folks to complete so that we have a final full headcount (not just drivers) so that we can finalize some evening activity plans for Monday and Thursday.

Do you guys prefer a count that is Max possible, or most likely? My party could be as many as 3 and as few as 1 depending on how things work out.
I have this same question also. Could be 1, could be 5.

I’d say share the expected value of your party size.

ETA: one significant digit is fine :)

I finally broke down and got licensed a couple weeks ago in preparation of this year. Used HamStudy.org and started going through questions on a Saturday. By Sunday evening I was competent enough to take the test. By Monday I was easily taking practice tests at 100%--did a virtual test on Zoom and had license issued by that Thursday less than a week after I started. Super painless process and really regret not doing it sooner. Downside is not all of my friends that I wheel with are licensed so can't take full advantage except for at LCDC. Bought the recommended Baofeng for Breckenridge a couple years back and was blown away with clarity--looking into permanent solutions before this years meetup now.
I’ve put off taking the test for way too long. Justifying it by telling myself I didn’t have time to study and it wasn’t worth the effort when I only use a ham radio twice a year at a couple events.

The Ham Study app makes this very easy if you just focus on passing the test as the objective and not actually mastering the material. I’ve never been good at memorizing without understanding as I generally have a need to know the why so I had to get over that a bit. I just took it in 15 minute spurts a couple times a day over last week as the first local test was today. I got to 80% proficiency in a few days and got to consistently passing the practice tests by Wednesday. Passed tonight with 34 out of 35 (27 passes). What I perceived as a big effort in studying just isn't the case with the Ham Study app.

Anyway, thanks @HSTexan for providing me the motivation to get off my a$$ and just get this done.

There are always trail runs in the days before and after, both planned and spontaneous. Folks will start posting plans as the event gets closer, but as Ouray is a pretty small town, you can just get up every morning and head to the coffee shop in the middle of town and then start following all the people in 200s as they go by 😂
Definitely interested in Stony Pass before or after if anyone’s up for it!

So I was checking email and I received two different one stating I was in. One shows the donation the other does not so I believe it got two slots instead of one. Can anyone of the event guys check? I would hate for someone to miss out if I in fact have two slots. Thanks

And back to the thread topic about the event . . . . .:steer:

IMG_3314.jpeg

BB skids getting covered in rustoleum’s satin clear enamel. Have all their skids and getting set to install this weekend or next. Not pictured are the front and gas tank skids.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom