Builds Portland Troopy Build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Main Salmon?

I finally got to float the Middle Fork this summer. Friend picked up a cancellation. Not the ideal MFS trip, took IKs and one lightly loaded raft as we had to portage the log jams and line another rapid that was full of wood & root balls, but we had the top section of the river to ourselves.
No permit so we floated Carey to Hammer. Surprisingly nice water in that stretch. Than Hammer to Heller. The main was closed (fire) and all the commercials were bringing clients to the lower. Super crowded. Had fun though.

Paracas National Park . Paracas National Reserve - Wikipedia - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracas_National_Reserve

Used the reverse gear yesterday while following a “road” on Gaia. Came to a very steep off-camber downhill section. The roll over would have been hundreds of feet and it just wasn’t with the risk.

IMG_4289.jpeg

IMG_0525.jpeg

is that bug screen custom or can it be bought?
Guys name is Doug. I’d get one that parts in the middle as opposed to running up from the bottom. Makes great window covers too.

IMG_0549.jpeg

On the backroads of Peru.

In the most remote of places Peruvians wear amazing clothes. They don’t dress up for tourists, it’s just the way they are.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Guys name is Doug. I’d get one that parts in the middle as opposed to running up from the bottom. Makes great window covers too.

View attachment 3440320
So the other day I found a sewing place in Arequipa and split the screen in the middle. Previously I’d bought some magnets for the screen that were sewn in. Sure works a LOT better now. If you order a screen, be sure to get the parts in the middle option.

Wild camping. Altiplano Peru.

IMG_0528.jpeg

After camping for over a week just outside Cusco we are now moving on to Machu Picchu.

We had intended to be in Ushuaia Argentina by the summer (Jan-Feb) but we are moving so slowly that it looks like we will shoot for the following summer.

We haven’t had “any” trouble (yet) along the way but we added an external lock on all three doors. Stainless brackets attached with rivets and Sikaflex.

We also have added Starlink which provides blazing internet wherever we are.

IMG_0930.jpeg

72185603258__024C6BD4-DEA9-47E1-912C-3BF4C931C04C.jpeg

Let me se THE Lock you put on the Doors ?
I’ll get you a pic in the next couple of days. Away from the locked truck at the moment.

Super , you have a beautiful italian lock , you are SAFE
Even the good ol' Italian locks are "Made in China" now...

Crossed into Bolivia yesterday. The 10th border crossing of the trip.

IMG_1171.jpeg

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia. At 4000 sq miles and 12000 foot elevation. For comparison, the alvord salt flat in Oregon is 84 square miles and 4000 feet.

IMG_0368.jpeg

IMG_0383.jpeg

IMG_1246.jpeg

Dakar monument in Bolivia.

IMG_1294.jpeg

IMG_1287.jpeg

Valle de las Rocas in SW Bolivia.

Truly one of the most spectacular places I’ve ever experienced.

Not a single other person here. Not a single piece of trash. No graffiti. Pristine.

IMG_1373.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

IMG_1364.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg

Laguna Colorado with Flamingos.

IMG_1670.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom