TP Auto Parts Store -- Complete Sets of FJ40/FJ45 (72-78/79 - 83) Body Parts and Assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I appreciate what TP is trying to do here. Eventually good used or repairable sheet metal is going to get harder to find than it already is. If the quality is good I would be happy to buy a full steel FJ45 cab if mine ever reaches a state of disrepair. Considering my body is already beat up pretty well from farm and mine use I would say there is a good chance I could need a cab or 3/4 cab. I hope the product line here will continue to be expanded and refine options for early model years.

@topnault

I commend you on joining out group here … you may also want to join (if you didn’t already do so) the TLCA Toyota Land Cruiser Association as a business member

They will give you a boost of exposure as well

@topnault

I commend you on joining out group here … you may also want to join (if you didn’t already do so) the TLCA Toyota Land Cruiser Association as a buisness partner

They will give you a boost of exposure as well
Thank you!

I want to think this is a good thing, but it seems like we'll now have a bunch of Chinese bodies being bolted onto trucks that might have otherwise been restored. Just like the influx of badly restored south American trucks has tainted the market, a lot of buyers won't know the difference between an original U.S. spec cruiser and a non. I guess we'll see.

Most of the rust free U.S. spec trucks are long gone anyway and the rest are bondo jobs covering up a bunch of poorly manufactured patch panels.

I think most of us are willing to pay a bit more for thicker metal, just saying :) glad to see this stuff becoming available
I just talked to one of the production people and he said they were following pretty much the original part thickness. But he will confirm it once they are back to work on Monday. I will keep you guys posted.

The good part is that you can get these bodies in whatever color you choose. I just don't think I could shell out $21k for a complete painted body. Never the less, it's good to have options.

Which early years … the early early or just early lol… or even early early early fj25’s

They are quite different

OK, how about all the earlier years BEFORE 1974. Seems parts concentrations are all about later than 1973.

I measured my 79 factory panels with a micrometer at 19 gauge.

The older ones were supposed to be 16 ga. and the later models 18 ga. From what I remember reading anyway.

The older ones were supposed to be 16 ga. and the later models 18 ga. From what I remember reading anyway.
My patch panels were all 18 ga and the factory panels measured in multiple (non rusty) locations were thinner and when I looked up the thicknesses for each ga my measurements were closest to 19 ga. I did a quick Google search but couldn’t find anything conclusive for what gauge was used for 79+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom