Anyone tried the FJ 40 body parts on Alibaba (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey h8ers,

anyone tried out the the fj40 aftermarket body parts on alibabba? They are selling all the 40 body parts made of galvanized steel and primed, including floor Pans and rear fenders (like the whole body piece from the door to the tailgate) A lot of the bigger parts are are a 10 piece minimum, but some are available by the piece like the fender in the link below. They even do tubs, hoods and whole bodies. Super fair pricing, though the shipping might be a deal killer…

i would LOVE to replace my rear fenders as they are held together with Bondo, what do you guys think it would take to get the old fender off and the new one on, I guess you would have to grind it off weld it on, but would like to asses the amount of effort involved before I do anything rash….I’m a backyard mechanic with friends who weld and like beer, is this out of my league?

thanks in advance for any replies!

BTW I hate buying s*** from China, but someone in the 90’s thought it was a good idea to close and offshore USA steelworks, so I’m cornered….

IMG_1053.png

Haven't had any panels yet, but I'm curious to know how they compare. I've had a few other things from alibaba for the truck which have exceeded my expectations. Less than two weeks delivery generally and all well packaged.

The thing is that just like ebay or amazon you have a bunch of suppliers that vary in quality, and its hard to judge from the description.

Try ordering something and report back.

My understanding is that the manufacturer of those parts now has a physical presence in the US and is selling them via this company.

Search for Topnault on the forum and you'll see that they're pretty active and responsive to feedback. I have no personal experience with them though.

That's good to know - gives me a reference for quality fwiw. I'm in the UK myself, so would go direct anyway - Hawaii is logistically more ambiguous I guess?

Haven't had any panels yet, but I'm curious to know how they compare. I've had a few other things from alibaba for the truck which have exceeded my expectations. Less than two weeks delivery generally and all well packaged...
Could you please tell what parts did you have from Alibaba that exceeded your expectations? It may be a good tip for the community.

Various generic items such as sound deadening materials, which were exactly as sold locally but half the price.

One thing I really needed for my diesel truck was a work around for the lack of vacuum pump on my alternator, so I got a vacuum pump and switch which now provides vacuum (electrically) to the reservoir.
Brake are much better, and never run out of vacuum even if the engine died.

Various generic items such as sound deadening materials, which were exactly as sold locally but half the price.

One thing I really needed for my diesel truck was a work around for the lack of vacuum pump on my alternator, so I got a vacuum pump and switch which now provides vacuum (electrically) to the reservoir.
Brake are much better, and never run out of vacuum even if the engine died.
Thanks mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom