Chinese manufactured Body Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Just enquiring if anyone has any experience or familiarity with the 40 series body panels being offered by this Chinese company - Jiangsu Juncheng Vehicle Industry Co Ltd - website is 'www.Carbody.com'

They were at the practical classics show at NEC in the UK this weekend, and looking on the website they appear to be producing a comprehensive set of panels. Technical information is pretty limited but I did find data on replacement floor pans that were 14 gauge (2.0mm) thickness - haven't yet measured mine but that sounds reasonable - obviously no clue on quality of the steel.

If anyone has used them or seen any of the parts (none present at the show - just literature) I'd be interested to know what you think...

Also a couple of videos on their website showing parts manufacture and some 'finished' examples of the 40 series bodies.

I believe the US dist. is TopNault and they have multiple threads & reviews on here. Yes, their products have been received, installed, modified, discussed on here.
Half doors, tubs, etc. There are some points of interest on the full tubs but nothing unfixable. The different pieces separately seem right, it is assembly that has shown issues. Some went assembled tub / some prefered assembling pieces themselves.

Thanks, that's helpful, I'll take a look - I don't know if I can get parts supplied to UK but have asked the question. I'm very early in my rebuild but interested to know if it's worth replacing some bits rather than fixing, so the quality is key.

Thanks, that's helpful, I'll take a look - I don't know if I can get parts supplied to UK but have asked the question. I'm very early in my rebuild but interested to know if it's worth replacing some bits rather than fixing, so the quality is key.

Cant say I'm impressed with the welds in pictures or other issues.

Hopefully they will/have corrected issues going forwards

Cant say I'm impressed with the welds in pictures or other issues.

Hopefully they will/have corrected issues going forwards
Agreed - reading other threads now and that seems to be the main concern. I'm getting the impression that "buy the bits and assemble yourself" is the way to go - just need to figure out if I can get parts delivered to the UK at sensible cost!!

I believe the US dist. is TopNault and they have multiple threads & reviews on here. Yes, their products have been received, installed, modified, discussed on here.
Half doors, tubs, etc. There are some points of interest on the full tubs but nothing unfixable. The different pieces separately seem right, it is assembly that has shown issues. Some went assembled tub / some prefered assembling pieces themselves.
Thanks for the pointer - lots of info on here re: Topnault, and all very recent, so really helpful...

There is a section on this site called Mudship, worth a post ? PM the Topnault guy on here and ask about shipping, he has been really responsive and enthusiastic regarding bringing their products to the US market.

Agreed - reading other threads now and that seems to be the main concern. I'm getting the impression that "buy the bits and assemble yourself" is the way to go - just need to figure out if I can get parts delivered to the UK at sensible cost!!
There are some vendors near you in Europe, e.g. in Belgium.

Last edited:
You may have a look here too:

0r here:

If you are in the UK reach out to Teseven. I know they are not advertising but they are still making the tubs and are excellent quality.

If you are in the UK reach out to Teseven. I know they are not advertising but they are still making the tubs and are excellent quality.
Thanks - first I've heard of them, I'll have a look!

Thanks - first I've heard of them, I'll have a look!
I got to see their work first hand and I was impressed. Fit and measurements were OEM quality and the tub I saw needed no more than some rear shims under the frame for it to line up with the existing hardtop and doors. They suffered a large fire a few years ago and stopped the production of the tubs and concentrated on body work.

I got to see their work first hand and I was impressed. Fit and measurements were OEM quality and the tub I saw needed no more than some rear shims under the frame for it to line up with the existing hardtop and doors. They suffered a large fire a few years ago and stopped the production of the tubs and concentrated on body work.
I've just seen the minature 40's they make - my first grandson arrived in January - think I'm going to go for a plywood based version!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom