What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 80 belongs in these places, i'm converting it back to all wheel drive why on earth would any drive it 2WD in Egypt is beyond me. The idea of only having 4wd if central diff is engaged is such a waste.

The 80 would really shine having AWD in such terrain.

20230113_172202.jpg

20230113_172200.jpg

20230113_173643.jpg

20230113_174337.jpg

Last edited:
I just found the AI chatgpt..... wtf

On a tech note I am using chatgpt to research the inevitable head gasket failure that chatgpt predicts I will experience sooner or later depending on many factors.

View attachment 3218682
View attachment 3218684

What says mud, is it smarter than a human yet?
Not bad for a robot. The only downright dumb comments were T100 and LS400 (probably meant to say LX450?)

My cousin has been using gpt to write him poetry to celebrate his wordle victories (he's across the country, so we play wordle every day to keep in touch). Some of the poems are pretty comical. :D

Chasing leaks in my Atmospheric River Interior. (Have a thread going). But first major result.

Have this running on the A pillar.
7578F984-15EC-4D4C-8B1C-818CC2C5D94A.jpeg

And after 5 mins I got this:
B0D08F1F-038F-45CE-A37C-1E85C5CCA451.jpeg

And after 20 mins I got this.
FB1653B4-A7BE-4CC8-89E7-42CACB62620D.jpeg

Juicy puddle in the inside. Def NOT from condensation like I first thought.

Awesomeness.

Chasing leaks in my Atmospheric River Interior. (Have a thread going). But first major result.

Have this running on the A pillar.
View attachment 3219056

And after 5 mins I got this:
View attachment 3219060

And after 20 mins I got this.
View attachment 3219061
Juicy puddle in the inside. Def NOT from condensation like I first thought.

Awesomeness.

Doesn't look like you have a factory/original windshield. Gonna have to get a new gasket and get it done right. Hope you don't have rust underneath. Gl!

Portable water tank of contiunes love(TM) worked great. Need to move the switch next to tank though.

IMG-20230115-WA0011.jpg

Watched the cruise ships leave port.

2366EC4F-B1E8-4900-B306-978C0C92FE7E.jpeg
BC71AB98-85FD-4A9E-8C10-E5474AC58092.jpeg

Got a table that fits under the roof rack will need a better locking machanism and a way to keep it from making too much noise.

Will also rewire the cables with water proof connectors i got for lights and accessories probably through the venting ports back and snorkle front (for solar panel)

20230115_093711.jpg

20230115_093705.jpg

Not sure which thing you're asking about.

The round knob is a hand throttle which was available as a non-us spec option. It's a convenient Way to raise the RPM for tasks like winching, airing up, or just warming the engine (I have mixed emotions about that one) without having to keep your foot on the pedal.

The Red button is another non-us spec option. The shift lock override button. This means you don't have to use a key or screwdriver to shift out of park when the engine is off. This part is a quality reman made by none other than Joey at wits end. Aka: @NLXTACY

Both of these add ons require a certain amount of responsibility for safe use which is why they were not available in the US.

The round knob is a hand throttle which was available as a non-us spec option. It's a convenient Way to raise the RPM for tasks like winching, airing up, or just warming the engine (I have mixed emotions about that one) without having to keep your foot on the pedal.

The Red button is another non-us spec option. The shift lock override button. This means you don't have to use a key or screwdriver to shift out of park when the engine is off. This part is a quality reman made by none other than Joey at wits end. Aka: @NLXTACY

Both of these add ons require a certain amount of responsibility for safe use which is why they were not available in the US.
That makes perfect sense, I have a missing hole where the hand throttle is in your picture so that answers the mystery.
Thank you!

Mixed emotions? Ever try and warm up a diesel at 800rpm? Good ****ing luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom