Builds Project Rehab (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got an estimate for the chop. The shop said $10k. . .LAWD!!

giphy.gif

That's a few more thousands than I was expecting 🤣

We have some fabricators in the crew. I'll check with them and continue researching.

You might consider extending the wheelbase.

On Sams you pictured earlier, with his heavy canopy it seems to have trouble offroad and is very tippy. Extending the wb solves most if that. When he does wheel it as a flat bed it is much better. Personally I think they look a bit better with more wb.

Get it going! I need sole motivation on mine! 🤗

Cheers

Bruh, you just got promoted too right? This is some s*** I see on anti-terrorism training CBTs. “Darren has been making wild purchases and is planning on living abroad. He has multiple vehicles and is making foreign transactions globally…”. Is he an insider threat?

Yes, yes he is.

On a serious note, congrats. That’s a sweet 94 despite the science project interior and neglected exterior. Looking forward to the transformation.

And of course I will start parting this thing out. The engine and almost everything rear of the driver's seat.

Bruh, you just got promoted too right? This is some s*** I see on anti-terrorism training CBTs. “Darren has been making wild purchases and is planning on living abroad. He has multiple vehicles and is making foreign transactions globally…”. Is he an insider threat?

Yes, yes he is.
Lol. But on this note, my wife told me when I deploy again next year, her and my daughter will leave for Japan and wait for me there until I retire.

This means a few things for me.
1. Selling her car for LC funds.
2. Selling my daughter's bed, dresser, toy box, kitchen set for LC funds (she's grown out of it).
3. Of course move out of this rental for LC funds (during deployment).
4. Move into a garage or shack when I return from deployment (joking but not really).
5. Continue buy @NLXTACY stuff I want but don't need.

Lol. But on this note, my wife told me when I deploy again next year, her and my daughter will leave for Japan and wait for me there until I retire.

This means a few things for me.
1. Selling her car for LC funds.
2. Selling my daughter's bed, dresser, toy box, kitchen set for LC funds (she's grown out of it).
3. Of course move out of this rental for LC funds (during deployment).
4. Move into a garage or shack when I return from deployment (joking but not really).
5. Continue buy @NLXTACY stuff I want but don't need.

Standby, let me fix this for you:

1: Family Sep pay
2: Tax free zone (hopefully this time)
3: Deployed Savings Plan
4: Hazard Pay
5: Imminent Danger Pay
6: BAH when you return to NC and BAH while your wife is in Japan.

= Land Cruiser funds.

Standby, let me fix this for you:

1: Family Sep pay
2: Tax free zone (hopefully this time)
3: Deployed Savings Plan
4: Hazard Pay
5: Imminent Danger Pay
6: BAH when you return to NC and BAH while your wife is in Japan.

= Land Cruiser funds.
Exactly. The way I said above was layman's terms.

I saw you might need a dash, too bad you have a gray interior bro. I have a perfect oak dash CONUS
I might. .in the pics the actual dash has no cracks, but I don't like the wood-grain trim (or what use to be wood-grain). It looks like all those parts are destroyed.

I might. .in the pics the actual dash has no cracks, but I don't like the wood-grain trim (or what use to be wood-grain). It looks like all those parts are destroyed.
That wood grain is a sticker that will peel off. Grab some adhesive remover and plastic pry tools and go to town. From what I’ve read, that was a port added option when they got to the states.

That wood grain is a sticker that will peel off. Grab some adhesive remover and plastic pry tools and go to town. From what I’ve read, that was a port added option when they got to the states.
Awesome sauce!! Thanks for the update.

I was just going to scrap the carpet, but it wouldn't hurt to see if the power washer could make it salvageable.

I haven't took a deep dive into the LC yet, just the PO says it has a power steering leak. I'm betting it's just the seals on the box. If so, I'll buy the $20-$30 rebuild kit and rebuild it.

I kinda hate this moment when I want to do something or learning something new. My mind races thinking about it all night.

Like I said, this is OUR build. Rethinking the trey and canopy (thank to @White Stripe and @SNLC). Might hold off on the canopy and come up with a trey design (very similar to the MITS ALLOY trey) and do it "in-house". This should save me $10k or more. Then I could continue doing hoodrat s*** with my friends 🤣

I know you plan on cutting it up, not sure if you’re keeping the carpet up front for now or not, but I would suggest pulling it out and pressure washing it. Makes a world of difference.

Where’s the power steering leaking from?
@brettk I'm going to trash the carpet 🗑️. I leaning towards rubber floors.

Last edited:
Found a motor and transmission for a good price IMO. a GEN III 6.0L engine and 4L80E transmission from a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. Includes wiring harness, ECU, peddle and everything else needed.

20220614_193312.jpg
20220614_193351.jpg
20220614_193829_HDR.jpg

During our negotiation and transaction, he had to ask me about politics 🙄🤦🏽‍♂️. I tried explaining that I'm too ignorant on the topics so I don't get involved, nor vote because. . .I don't give a s*** 🤷🏽‍♂️. But I listened to his rants and theories and in exchange he's going to pull the engine and transmission, separate them, and remove all pulleys, intake, etc so all I have to do is drop the motor off at the machine shop. He said he could have it done in two weeks which id great because tomorrow I leave for GSMTR and have a planning symposium out of town the following week 😁.

Also he has another Chevy 2500 that he's trying to get rid of. He told me to tell my military buddies. He wants to get rid of the whole box truck for $2,500, and if someone just wants the engine and transmission he'll sell it for $1000.
20220614_193606_HDR.jpg
20220614_193710_HDR.jpg
20220614_193719_HDR.jpg

Now I'm going to have to find someone to help me collect all these parts and get it to the motor to the machine shop. It shouldn't be too hard 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom