What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

new and enlightening TECH here this FSM is oh me oh my this is fly …

5159A6CD-6C81-4316-85E6-E1EF4239391D.jpeg
E1A8F8D5-60BB-4937-84BD-7779090DE027.jpeg
A28CA1ED-0422-45AD-AFE9-ACF6D3450BD3.jpeg
57669059-22CE-409F-B784-D3F2B43CE9C2.jpeg

After going topless for one whole week, I had to try on the freshly restored hard top.
It fits! My factory hard top model finally has a factory hard top.View attachment 3020770

Drove my topless 64 from Chattanooga, Tn to Highlands, NC for the Memorial Day Holiday! Weather is absolutely beautiful but wife says it could be warmer! Everywhere we stopped people wanted look at the truck, ask questions, and take pics!!!!

242789BB-23B0-497D-BDE7-E0F907F16479.jpeg

Spent the weekend installing winter parts collection and dealing with some leaks, rattles and detailing.
PTO Winch Shims
OEM Seat Belt for Jump Seat
OEM Floor Mat with insulation
New Ignition Cylinder and Gas Door Lock Thank You @ToyotaMatt
OEM Rear Tail Light Lens Thank you @archie73
Front License Plate Holder
Hose Clamps
Fire Wall Grommets
Locking Hub Detailing

There a couple more projects to complete however it is drivable the way it is now. Bring on Summer!!
Headlight Upgrade
Jerry Can Holder
Third Brake Light

IMG_2140.jpg

Last edited:
Who knew a twin turbo v6 and 8 speed auto fits so well in a 40?

Anyways, the LF4 does. :rofl:

20220521_134222.jpg

20220521_134527.jpg

20220521_134735.jpg

Slapped a timing cover on the LF4.

20220527_111448.jpg

All back together and about ready to get stuffed in the cruiser.

20220528_114456.jpg

If you’re lucky it’ll illuminate in time to tell you it’s time to change your shorts. At about the same time your foot hits the floor.

I’ve never been a great fan of idiot lights. Far too often the information them provide is too little too late. Nothing will replace a good pretrip inspection of your vehicle. On Comercial vehicles they are required by law, but they are still important on passenger vehicles. I’d recommend doing one any time your vehicle has sat for a few days, Daily when driving would be best… but at least once a week.

Not a fan of idiot lights either but on a slow leak on the hydraulic brake system when the pedal pushed the reservoir will drop enough to bring the light on. Complete failure like a break in a rubber hose not going to be much help. The low reservoir I have experienced a few times.

View attachment 3017719View attachment 3017720View attachment 3017721

These are from the "Way back machine".

Using the sun to mold it to the trans hump (heat gun works also). Initial installation and to show you need to do some cutting for drain tubes, shifter and t-
case selector.

Overall, I'm happy with the product. I run a set of heavy-duty floor mats on top of it too.

I apprehensively ordered one of these last week.

Apprehension gone.

That looks great.

I was too tired to update this last night, but playing catch-up tonight. So, Sunday morning I had a hardtop off and a whole day to get things done, so I got started.

The area the hardtop sat on was mostly Rustoleum rusty metal primer, so some Cruiser Corps Rustic Green rattle can made a big difference. It even made my ugly welds look better
RusticGreenRatleCan.jpg

The CityRacer rubber on top of the windshield fit nice. I've never had rubber there before so I hope it helps with dead bugs, rain, and noise.

CityRacerWindShieldRubber.jpg

I'm addicted to Overland Metric stainless steel kits!!!! Here's part of the hardtop kit.

OverLandMetricHardTop.jpg

And here's part of the Abulance door kit:

OverLandMetricAD.jpg

And finally Sunday I put the country style hoist back into action to reinstall the hardtop:

HoistUp.jpg

Sunday I was too tired at 5pm to finish the doors, so read the next post to see about Monday and the car show.

Monday, Memorial Day 2022, we had a little car show. It was indoors so that was nice. I didn't get the doors on, but since it's an FJ40 no on questioned it. Here we are, this is how I rolled today:

CarShowNoDoors.jpg

Each local car dealer got to award a trophy to the best of their brand, So the Ford dealer awarded the best Ford etc. So, since I was the only Toyota in the whole building I won by default :cool: .

BestToyotaTrophy.jpg

Hey, I'll take it :)

Washed it, cooked some hamburgers for my moms birthday then my son and I went for a Memorial Day drive. I didn’t take any photos I just enjoyed sitting in the passenger seat while he drove. A great way to spend a special day.
It’s too late now. My 2nd oldest learned to drive stick in my 40 many years back. He’s now sending me adds for rusty 40 series and asking me if they are a good price. So far they’ve been overpriced mutts… but I can tell he has the cruiser bug. He has bought and sold several trucks and they’re never quite filling his needs. He doesn’t realize it yet, but he’s got the cruiser itch and it’s only getting worse.

Got a pic of your Sanderson headers installed? I’m running some Sanderson S10 headers.

Stock dipstick tube (95 tbi engine) worked
Sorry for the delay @thatcabledude , I missed your quote. Here are the sanderson headers early on:

Been trying to tune my Sniper EFI with the help of EFI System Pro. They asked for 3 data logs, cold start, warm start and acceleration. I got it up to about 55 and it was dicey. So I drug out the tie rod replacement ends that have been hiding in the shop for the last couple years. I was very afraid it would be a struggle getting them out, but a little PB Blaster, they twisted right out.

Also wanted to install 4 degree shims for the caster, but the leaf pack bolts were too short to pass through the shim and lock into the spring perch. The fine folks at Aaron's Olympic 4x4 had shims with longer bolts to lock into the perches.

Took her on a test drive, felt good, a little heavy, but good.

Sorry for the delay @thatcabledude , I missed your quote. Here are the sanderson headers early on:

Been trying to tune my Sniper EFI with the help of EFI System Pro. They asked for 3 data logs, cold start, warm start and acceleration. I got it up to about 55 and it was dicey. So I drug out the tie rod replacement ends that have been hiding in the shop for the last couple years. I was very afraid it would be a struggle getting them out, but a little PB Blaster, they twisted right out.

Also wanted to install 4 degree shims for the caster, but the leaf pack bolts were too short to pass through the shim and lock into the spring perch. The fine folks at Aaron's Olympic 4x4 had shims with longer bolts to lock into the perches.

Took her on a test drive, felt good, a little heavy, but good.
What accessory drive bracket is that? Vintage air?

I was too tired to update this last night, but playing catch-up tonight. So, Sunday morning I had a hardtop off and a whole day to get things done, so I got started.

The area the hardtop sat on was mostly Rustoleum rusty metal primer, so some Cruiser Corps Rustic Green rattle can made a big difference. It even made my ugly welds look better
View attachment 3021651

The CityRacer rubber on top of the windshield fit nice. I've never had rubber there before so I hope it helps with dead bugs, rain, and noise.

View attachment 3021655

I'm addicted to Overland Metric stainless steel kits!!!! Here's part of the hardtop kit.

View attachment 3021658

And here's part of the Abulance door kit:

View attachment 3021660

And finally Sunday I put the country style hoist back into action to reinstall the hardtop:

View attachment 3021662

Sunday I was too tired at 5pm to finish the doors, so read the next post to see about Monday and the car show.
Put anti-sieze as you put bolts in. My standard SOP for most bolts outside those that require thread locker. You will thank yourself later with no broken bolts.

Put anti-sieze as you put bolts in. My standard SOP for most bolts outside those that require thread locker. You will thank yourself later with no broken bolts.
Excellent advise sir, and I did just that :) I have the large bottle of the silver stuff with brush-in-cap that I used for all of these bolts, and then I have the copper stuff somewhere in my shed for the hot bolts. I also have a couple of old quart cans of interesting stuff labeled anti-sieze that I got out of a shut-down military surplus warehouse. It is black and makes a mess, but it has worked well in the past. I use it liberally on the tractor PTO shaft and lawnmower deck. The weather has been nice this week, but I haven't driven the 40 yet because I still don't have the doors on! I work in front of the Walls Unit (or Huntsville Unit if you're not from here lol) so I have to have the vehicle secured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom