What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh, and some trout fishing in the lower Sierra😉..wild native rainbows..catch and release for another day..
261B0C78-F7E9-41EB-9AEF-7C4A512F4FC5.jpeg
6E366881-1B9D-4187-BE5E-BB9C4FF9B9E7.jpeg

I finally figured out an easy way to refill from a Jerry Can while out in the Maze District......what took me so long to figure this out?!?
IMG_20220415_093244369.jpg

(My can is dented making this totally hands-free, my normal can I had to stand by and watch for slippage but still didn't have to bear any weight!)

Spent a nice little solo weekend at Windrock doing some site seeing, overlooks, and easy trails. Discovered my CDL is failing to actuate so I'll have deal with that before GSMTR. Found a lot of threads on the topic and will be doing some investigation this week. I checked the 30a fuse and can hear the relay click but no sound from the actuator itself. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago.

Windrock fields
View attachment 2985286

Two power stations at blue hour
View attachment 2985287

Posing at the old radar base
View attachment 2985288

Posing at Clinchmore
View attachment 2985289
If it happens to be your differential switch remember that the reverse light switch is the same thing and cost less. It's happened to mine too where the center diff light wouldn't light up and thusly not allow me to lock front and rears. I just used the reverse light switch in the center diff and it was all good after that. Something like this:

Updated fuel log.

16.229 mpg over the last 6300 miles and 23 full ups.

Best 20.165 worst 14.785
I’m afraid to look. I’m like 12mpg on average. Off-road is a different story. I estimate 10mpg as a decent cushion for range…

I finally figured out an easy way to refill from a Jerry Can while out in the Maze District......what took me so long to figure this out?!?
View attachment 2985725
(My can is dented making this totally hands-free, my normal can I had to stand by and watch for slippage but still didn't have to bear any weight!)
That looks like way too much work. Seriously, buy a fuel jiggler siphon and leave the can in the basket.

I’m afraid to look. I’m like 12mpg on average. Off-road is a different story. I estimate 10mpg as a decent cushion for range…
Don't forget, his is a diesel.

My 1FZ averages 11.5 over the last 5 years.

Finally got around to installing and testing the Ostrich Wing Awning from @RuggedBound. This thing is solid, even in a fairly constant 15-20mph wind. 1 minute to setup, maybe 2 minutes to put away. So nice to not have to deal with my 10x10 canopy from HF anymore.

IMG_20220206_153834.jpg

IMG_20220220_130147.jpg

IMG_20220220_130821.jpg

IMG_20220417_183423.jpg

View attachment 2985725
A siphon tube works well and you don't have to take it out of the bumper swing out.

Visit your Hobby Lobby or Michaels and go to the model airplane aisle. Haha. Testors "Gold" in the little bitty bottle. $1.99! I used model airplane brushes. Tiny and tinier.

Nice work! What paint and brush type did you use on the emblems?

Crap! Can't find my keys... Honey, have you seen my keys?? Nope.. I spend the next two hours tearing the house, LX, and shop apart looking... Wife finishes up her stuff outside and said she'd have a look.. Not even five minutes later, she brings keys out... Turns out, she picked up the keys and stuck them in her purse.. aka bottomless pit... After 40 years, you'd think I'd have looked there first... geez.. :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom