The Bishop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everybody. I've been absent from Mud the last couple years. I previously had this 80 Builds - 97 on 40s Expo Build. Kinda ended up going nuts and I had a blast. Anyways, on Sep 20th I found a white 1996 LX450 with 255,015 miles with all the maintenance records and very clean. My Dad actually stumbled upon it out in Calhan, CO, of all places. 3 owner truck, originally from Cali. Good deal and I was back in a cruiser! But i'm now a Lexus man :meh:. I'll have to start going to Starbucks a bit more as a requirement.

Started as this. Had a front brush guard, running boards, chrome wheels, rear taillights guards, and a lot of interior coffee stains.

IMG_2156.jpg

I ripped all that stuff off probably within a half hr of it being home.
IMG_2164.jpg

Next was a camping trip up and over Tincup Pass (oh yes also spray canned the wheels black).....(slightly less bad)
IMG_2206.jpg

Platform and oh yeah i delivered some pizzas in it for Dominos. @Andrew Bluemel has the kewl 80
IMG_2181.jpg
IMG_2342.jpg

At this point i'd say 2 maybe 3 weeks had gone by. It was time for 37s. I went with a Dobinsons 2" lift coils and some 37" all terrains. But this is for the next post. I ran out of picture space (sorry)

Oh fyi the reason for the name. There is this stupid ass sticker I can't get off of the back window without wrecking the defrost thing.

IMG_2557.jpg

So Im thinking i'll outline my plan for this truck. Plan is crazy roadtrip truck. Like I know my last truck was the crazy adventure truck, but this one is specifically going to be better on the road....for those really long trips (think 10,000 miles+). But it's also going to be nuts either way.

OKAY so the plan. Keep in mind this is a build purely planned for an Alaska trip @Andrew Bluemel and I have in the works.

Thinking
- 6" Dobinsons lift
- Front Bullbar (ARB or Dobinsons or Ironman) : Also if anyone wants to sell or has a lead on a used one hit me up!
- Custom Rear Huddexpo high clearance rear bumper with swingout for spare/2 jerry cans
- Ultra clearance hitch hauler for 6 action packers
- May not do sliders (more on this later)
- Part time and 3:1
- Snorkel (Already installed)
- Rear drawer build with fridge/stove
- Oh yeah and i'm chopping the front and rear fenders but keeping the flares :woot:
- Exhaust work

Thats about as far as I'll dig into it now. Your still are not caught up to present day!

Last edited:
This thread is going to be very picture and trip heavy (sorry)

37s with stock lift. I actually delivered pizzas for a night like that. Lets just say I took the dips easy.
IMG_2241.jpg

In the midst of all this I actually blew the radiator on the way back from the Tincup trip. Huge shoutout to Andrew and my friend Tess for literally driving all the way back to Colorado Springs with me, then back to where the truck was, then installing the radiator at midnight, then hauling butt back to Gunnison till like 3am. It was nuts.

Anyhow, I Have recently done a TON of PM. New Rad, rad cap, fan clutch (15wt oil), fan, rad hoses, belts, heater hoses, vacuum lines, brake booster valve/line, pcv stuff, egr plug, rad overflow bottle, engine grounds, spark plugs and wires, air filter, intake hose. Old trucks :censor:

IMG_2384.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg

BEST MOD EVER - New stereo with door speaker amps and sub amp. Having the Lexus premium sound (ikr) center console actually paid off (see below).
IMG_2387.jpg

Last edited:
Archbishop Mitty is a high school in San Jose. I pass that place all the time.

Whats the brand/source for that dash mat? I always only find RHD dash mats... Thanks

Got bored so I chopped the rear bumper off. Also got rid of the roof rack in prep for an 8020 aluminum rtt I am building (will be sealing holes with urethane). Also my dad found a trail gear front bumper for cheap so I am picking that up tomorrow!

Plan by year end is get this thing to 5” of lift. Dobinsons everything in that department. Then Huddexpo rear bumper build with a swingout and spare tire. And @Andrew Bluemel gave me his old auto locker when he upgraded to an e locker so I will put that in too.

B8E53246-AF2D-4FE6-91E3-BAA64F01DA99.jpeg

Last edited:
For a road trip vehicle why are you going with such a tall lift? Seems that 2” is working now. Pop some of those eimkeith brackets on there and be done with it? Spend the money on ARBs

For a road trip vehicle why are you going with such a tall lift? Seems that 2” is working now. Pop some of those eimkeith brackets on there and be done with it? Spend the money on ARBs

The 2” is working great.The dobinsons coils ride very well and I actually just ordered a set of those eimkeith brackets to throw on!

My reasoning is all the weight I’m about to add to this truck. Like my last truck was massive, but it stayed generally pretty light in the world of 80s. This truck will be getting a winch/front bumper, Dual batteries, rear drawer system with fridge, rear bumper with spare/highlift, 15g aux tank, and to top it off an aluminum rtt with awning. And 39s before the Alaska trip. It’s going to be a lot haha

The 2” is working great.The dobinsons coils ride very well and I actually just ordered a set of those eimkeith brackets to throw on!

My reasoning is all the weight I’m about to add to this truck. Like my last truck was massive, but it stayed generally pretty light in the world of 80s. This truck will be getting a winch/front bumper, Dual batteries, rear drawer system with fridge, rear bumper with spare/highlift, 15g aux tank, and to top it off an aluminum rtt with awning. And 39s before the Alaska trip. It’s going to be a lot haha

Gotcha. I loved your last build and can’t wait to see where this one end up. I have the 4” dobinson lift and it makes my 37s look like donuts.

Alaska trip? Would you care to elaborate on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom