New dissent offroad no cut rear bumper! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OE locks? I’ve never had OE lock failures... but I stay away from cheap aftermarket ones too.
Most are going to be made from companies like McGuard, so chances of failure are still there. Had one fail on the side of 95 north in the pouring rain at 12:00 on a Saturday night.

They will never stop a thief, they use the same tools we mechanics do when the key is lost. I always say privacy and security are false hoods. Once you accept that you can limit your liability.

Has anyone tried putting a Yeti 45 on the accessory tray? Looks like it miss working by 1/2”, but might be able to be wedged in there.

although not a yeti 45. A plain igloo fits on there. I don’t remember the dimensions of this one and I have since let this one go. I do remember someone telling me a 35 liter high end cooler fits there. Yes you could mod the tray but that would be blasphemy! :(

1635738330191.jpeg

although not a yeti 45. A plain igloo fits on there. I don’t remember the dimensions of this one and I have since let this one go. I do remember someone telling me a 35 liter high end cooler fits there. Yes you could mod the tray but that would be blasphemy! :(

View attachment 2826839
How long did it take to install the swingouts?

How long did it take to install the swingouts?
@LCT Those were installed by Bens crew. Long before they had a long waitlist. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCT

View attachment 2826839
Did Ben powder coat your bumper in grey or did you have it done yourself?

If this info has been given already, I apologize. I have read this thread a couple of times, just never in one sitting, so I may have missed it. Does anyone have any pics or measurements of increase in clearance/departure angle? I am currently stock with the below bumper receiver, and I think I would see a decent gain.
If anyone has time to answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I have an ass dragging problem.

Just finished a 2 day offroad driving class today. @benc work was the star of the show!

@Joe Bob This class actually made us measure approach, departure, and breakover angle with a 6 foot straight edge and a protractor. On my rig the approach is roughly 38 degrees to the factor 55 fairlead. On the Dissent Rear Bumper the departure is roughly 28 degrees to the bottom of the hitch. Finally Breakover Angle is approx 30 degrees.

View attachment 2089358

@Nightbrew I mentioned some approach angles in another post! I do have a TD 2.5 inch lift and running 33's. Hope that helps!

Can the jerry can swing arm be removed pretty easily when not needed? 300+ days of the year I won't be driving around with jerry cans and would like to just have the spare swing out on the bumper.

Can the jerry can swing arm be removed pretty easily when not needed? 300+ days of the year I won't be driving around with jerry cans and would like to just have the spare swing out on the bumper.
Shouldn’t be that hard if you have a huge wrench handy. Then you have to remove the shock and any wiring you have (if any) on that swingout. It’s not a five minute ordeal though but everything is removable.

Shouldn’t be that hard if you have a huge wrench handy. Then you have to remove the shock and any wiring you have (if any) on that swingout. It’s not a five minute ordeal though but everything is removable.
Thanks, that sounds easy enough.

Curious how folks are securing Jerry cans on the aluminum accessory tray. The description says it can be used for it and it has the holes cut out in the front and back.

Are you just ratchet strapping left and right through the handles? Or is there an adaptor you need to secure them?

My forum search is lacking results. Anyone has a DIY oem backup camera relocation guide? I'm finding I need a camera when reversing with the tire carrier sticking out.

My forum search is lacking results. Anyone has a DIY oem backup camera relocation guide? I'm finding I need a camera when reversing with the tire carrier sticking out.
Have you searched for SLEE backup camera or SLEE camera bracket?

Easier to get a hold of Dissent on the phone than waiting for them to respond here I guess.

just wondering what did you put in the search? I put “backup camera relocation”, “backup camera”, rear camera… etc. I saw the slee bracket but didn’t see the one first on your list. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom