Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
32887213-67BF-4E5F-AC8E-0E4EDDA4B362.jpeg

98B01258-7AC1-4554-AE08-9F8B306BBBDE.png

I feel you Onur. With what you said, I will have to be careful with my 2B as well. I just had my 2B overhauled about 20,000 kms ago. (12,000 miles) I will be keeping an eye for this, if ever it might happen to mine. Thank you for sharing. And by the way, this is the only post
I am following ever since I joined MUD.👍

I feel you Onur. With what you said, I will have to be careful with my 2B as well. I just had my 2B overhauled about 20,000 kms ago. (12,000 miles) I will be keeping an eye for this, if ever it might happen to mine. Thank you for sharing. And by the way, this is the only post
I am following ever since I joined MUD.👍

My recommendation with these old engines: slow and steady wins the race. Don’t over rev them, 55mph is an ideal speed for them.

Are you kidding me!? 😳

SWB s/t 70-series with a 2UZ??

Oh ya! You just cut those cross country drives in half time wise. Fuel cost not so much.

Fun factor, x100! 😁

Cheers

A 1GZ-FE repower by you would be epic..... two banks of power, never stranded....
This is a great idea...single turbo per bank as well and the worst scenario is you basically have a turbo 1JZ 😁

Dead.

62 miles.

Not bad.

You went 61 miles further than I thought, but dead is dead. Hang in there, better times ahead.

anytime you mod these rigs with bigger tires, turbos etc you are putting strain over what it was designed for. Obviously the 3b wasn’t designed for boost nor the 1HZ but people have had good luck with it.

Not to say people haven’t logged hundreds of thousands of miles in modded cruisers.

I try to keep my top speeds at 65-67 and that puts me at 2400rpm. Seems happy there or better at 55 like you said.

tough break. 2uz time

Winner, winner, Chicken dinner.

2UZ-FE/H151F/HF2A

(no turbos)
When I open the hood on my 03 tundra I love the fact that it's a very clean uncluttered engine bay. My dad bought that truck in 04 with 20,000 MI. He put a new water pump on it at some point, and maybe a new timing belt I don't know. I have 225,000 now running strong doesn't use oil the only thing we've had to replace is a coil pack on occasion. Perhaps three so far. Only thing I don't like is a silly computer that gives me a check engine light every time I fail to screw the gas cap on tight enough. I have to buy a new gas cap about once every 2 years because of the silly evaporative emissions warning light.

That engine will be amazing in the bj-70, it'll burn a little more fuel on the trail but probably the same on the highway.

Seafoam will fix it.

anytime you mod these rigs with bigger tires, turbos etc you are putting strain over what it was designed for. Obviously the 3b wasn’t designed for boost nor the 1HZ but people have had good luck with it.

Not to say people haven’t logged hundreds of thousands of miles in modded cruisers.

I try to keep my top speeds at 65-67 and that puts me at 2400rpm. Seems happy there or better at 55 like you said.

tough break. 2uz time

This has nothing to do with modding the engine.

Are you kidding me!? 😳

SWB s/t 70-series with a 2UZ??

Oh ya! You just cut those cross country drives in half time wise. Fuel cost not so much.

Fun factor, x100! 😁

Cheers

Back in the 1990's, I helped a buddy install a Tuned Port 350 in his Jeep Wrangler. We hooked it to the stock AX5... which held out for longer than I thought it would. Onur, get ready, you are going to have perma-grin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom