3B Head Interchangeability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Lads!

Ive got a 1982 60 series Landcruiser with the trusty 3B in it. I pulled it apart to give it a refresh and I discovered the head is cracked.

Since it is the old style 3B with the head bolts down the middle (big valve 11111-58010) it is near impossible to find a used non cracked head or Chinese replica in New Zealand. After abit of searching I found someone who sells Chinese aftermarket ones and I followed through with getting it.

After waiting a few weeks it finally arrived but it was the wrong head (11101-58014). After a few emails back and forth with the company they were only willing to refund me and or exchange the head if I payed for the shipping, because the shipping costs in NZ are ridiculous I decided to cut my losses and have sat on it since. Until I found this form thread:

The thread says the 11101-58010 are interchangeable with the 11101-58014. Can anyone confirm if this is true? And also confirm if it’s interchangeable on the same block? I know that the 58014 has smaller valves than the 58010, apart from that would anything else be different? If not then I’ll just be sacrificing my valve size to get it back up and running again?

Cheers!

Original Head :
IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

recut for larger valves, any good machine shop can do this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom