What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck to ya.

Were about to head that way on the boat this morning for prawn, halibut, and black cod fishing, but deferred due to bad marine forecast. At least it’s finally sunny.
Not much for harvesting on the trip, but we did catch some of the biggest spots in our boat’s history. Yeah I know I need a haircut... “I’ve been quarantining for four years”

C413C537-C8E0-42B1-AA37-C16C48F4A2E8.jpeg

256F6065-9ECE-4FD8-AD29-D3F187BDE820.jpeg

I finally fixed the pokey lever of doom. Getting to it is like playing Jenga, but after the PHH, fuel filter and PHH neighbor, no big deal. Squirted it liberally with Corrosion-X Aviation and used stainless hardware. Hoping it lasts a lot longer!
20200906_163710.jpg
20200906_164515.jpg
20200906_164609.jpg

Almost finished the complete replacement of steering gear, pump, hoses, cooler, etc. Noticed the transmission cooler lines looked soft AF so that's getting replaced "while I'm in there". Just got an order in for a Bowfin rack this morning so that will be in a few weekends when it gets here!

I have a friend that bought a brand new 4Runner TRD Pro ... wanted me to show him how to get it into Low range (YouTube .. lol), then of course he wanted to go off road. We head to another friends 35 acres that has a trail loop and off we go. It's tight with trees and briers and he's trying not to scratch it up, so I'm out guiding him and holding limbs back :rolleyes:

We were gone maybe 40 mins and just getting back to the main spot when all of a sudden my truck shows up behind us with my two good friends in it. "Shouldn't have left the keys in the console man, we were concerned and came looking for you." is what they said. Joyride through the woods in my rig is what I saw on their faces. Then they spend the next hour telling me how the need Cruisers ... blah, blah, blah.

I get a call from one of them yesterday asking if I can take a day and check one out with him. 90 mins later he was paying for this:
20200922_165152[1].jpg

20200922_165135[1].jpg

It's not an 80, but we can't all chase perfection. Nice little 100 with bumper, lift and sliders ... I will wait patiently for the day he leaves the keys in it :cool:

A day a FAIL ... ugh.

Tried to take off my beanie because I was getting hot and dropped my headlamp and broke it. $60 later for 2 new lamps from the local hunting supply store (who is out of all 9mm and a bunch of other rounds) and I'm back to work. Plan was to do the last of the PITA part today ... injectors, fuel rail and the banjo connect at the fuel filter.

As I was swearing at trying and failing to get the filter banjo in without dropping the crush washer I notice a loose connector. I broke off the rear knock sensor ... *&^%!! :bang:

Clean break, I remove the sensor and figure I will RTV the housing back on ... NOPE. Freaking housing is stuck inside the harness. Tried to remove it, but it was more brittle than thin ice. Ended up taking pliers and breaking everything off (Hulk smash!!) and spent time looking up all the proper parts for replacement (that amount of time is 2 beers btw). Now I sit and wait for the parts to show up. Hustle up McGeorge, I want this POS back on the road before hunting starts.

Thought I had a moment of WIN when I saw in a research thread about someone getting a sensor off their spare engine. I have one of those, awesome ... all the sensors are missing ... bullocks. Guess I will work on the radiator mounts and trans cooler stuff tomorrow, but can't really move forward on the pass side until this sensor is replaced. Now I really wish the store had the 9mm ammo so I could go out back and shoot things.

Today was so much FAIL it doesn't deserve any pics.

A day a FAIL ... ugh.

Tried to take off my beanie because I was getting hot and dropped my headlamp and broke it. $60 later for 2 new lamps from the local hunting supply store (who is out of all 9mm and a bunch of other rounds) and I'm back to work. Plan was to do the last of the PITA part today ... injectors, fuel rail and the banjo connect at the fuel filter.

As I was swearing at trying and failing to get the filter banjo in without dropping the crush washer I notice a loose connector. I broke off the rear knock sensor ... *&^%!! :bang:

Clean break, I remove the sensor and figure I will RTV the housing back on ... NOPE. Freaking housing is stuck inside the harness. Tried to remove it, but it was more brittle than thin ice. Ended up taking pliers and breaking everything off (Hulk smash!!) and spent time looking up all the proper parts for replacement (that amount of time is 2 beers btw). Now I sit and wait for the parts to show up. Hustle up McGeorge, I want this POS back on the road before hunting starts.

Thought I had a moment of WIN when I saw in a research thread about someone getting a sensor off their spare engine. I have one of those, awesome ... all the sensors are missing ... bullocks. Guess I will work on the radiator mounts and trans cooler stuff tomorrow, but can't really move forward on the pass side until this sensor is replaced. Now I really wish the store had the 9mm ammo so I could go out back and shoot things.

Today was so much FAIL it doesn't deserve any pics.

Sorry for the fails...been there.

Nobody has any ammo of any sort right now, or perhaps ever😔

Only thing harder to find than OEM spare tire swing-outs.

Went camping at hidden splendor mine in the swell. My son buzzed us a few times.
32F12FCD-1CC5-4792-94DC-F052947F562B.jpeg
19632EF8-E15E-43BE-9BA3-D458DFA76A02.jpeg
AE88AF25-4570-403D-87B7-3EDADD9B5E92.jpeg
42AFAE06-A278-4FE6-BAAC-CDEF2DC15E27.jpeg
64D2D50B-F222-4EDF-9FBA-7EE19BB3B7D3.png

No one has primers, that is for sure!

Putting some finishing touches on my interior!
  1. Replaced cluster lens! Really happy with the difference especially for the cost! Big improvement
  2. Replaced all, but one button on my HVAC controls! I accidentally ordered two of the wrong one. Still waiting for the replacement. You can see there is a noticeable difference here. Mine were so yellowed you couldn't see the on indicator light during the day. Now it's great!
  3. Replaced shifter handle. Mine was trashed and sticky when it was hot outside.
View attachment 2433721View attachment 2433722

can you share where you got gear leather and AC buttons.

Nice scratching post :eek:

Love it. We loaded the kids up for a “hay ride” in the back of the cruiser a few weeks ago. Had them all in the cargo area with my sister as i very slowly drove around the pasture. The rear sliding windows were open a few inches at the front and back. This girl walks up to the window and you’d have thought the trex from Jurassic park was outside the window the way they were squealing back there. We all had a great time.

F044104E-845F-4120-8B4F-4B6A8F9590D5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom