Yet another LSPV/ABS delete how to... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many of you have added a manual proportioning valve to this mod? I'm on 37's w/ plans to go 39's.......
I've deleted the LSPV from every 4Runer and mini truck I've owned and never installed one, just wasn't sure how important it might be for 4 wheel disk brakes.

I did several years ago (there's a big thread I created here somewhere). For what it's worth, I set the valve fully open and haven't touched it since.

I cant seem to find any info on the delete for 1991-1992. The valve is no longer made so I have no choice. I’m leaking badly on the existing and my brakes are mushy. Help is appreciated.

I have no ABS.
I put disk in the rear.
I'm instaling a manual PV and braided PTFE lines.
Would like to know more about the return line from the LSPV.
This return line uses the unused oil pressure in the rear to return to the front wheels brake line, increasing braking force in the front wheels.
If you just don't use the return line will you not reduce the braking force in the front?
Only one guy here in the forum has said that he installed a manual PV and has put a "Tee" linking the manual PV with the original return line from the back original LSPV , so that the unused pressure on the manual PV returns to the front wheels brake line.
What can you guys say about?
Thanks

Just did this today. Holy wow what a difference!
I have replaced all rotors, all calipers, and all pads searching for why my brakes were never that good.

Immediately after doing this, it feels like the truck lost half its weight. This thing stops like it should and the brakes feel great. Solid work OP! I definitely appreciate it.

One more update. My rear calipers froze up this winter, so they were replaced. The pads were shot, so I installed Akebono pads in the rear, Hawk LTS up front. Rear brakes no longer want to lock before the fronts. Lost a bit of braking performance, but I am happy with the compromise.

Great write up! i ha a question maybe someone here could answer, one of the first steps calls for a 180 degree bend. I have never bent brake lines before. Ive watched a few video where people use sockets to make the bend. Is there anything i should be aware of or could anyone throw me some tips?

Great write up! i ha a question maybe someone here could answer, one of the first steps calls for a 180 degree bend. I have never bent brake lines before. Ive watched a few video where people use sockets to make the bend. Is there anything i should be aware of or could anyone throw me some tips?
take your time and dont just man handle it. you can bend it by hand. i did. just do it slow and easy. it's not difficult at all.

bend it very slowly use a tennis ball and bend the line over it if you must. I just did it and its easily best mod Ie done to the brakes. AND Ive done EBC pads x2 Ive done new calipers and drilled slotted rotors. (dont use drilled slotted if you wheel) ABS delete gave me brakes.

bend it very slowly use a tennis ball and bend the line over it if you must. I just did it and its easily best mod Ie done to the brakes. AND Ive done EBC pads x2 Ive done new calipers and drilled slotted rotors. (dont use drilled slotted if you wheel) ABS delete gave me brakes.

With the EBCs and this mod, I'm guessing your stopping power is muy bueno max?

With the EBCs and this mod, I'm guessing your stopping power is muy bueno max?
yes i can finally after 2 years lock up the 37s and its not hard to remove ABS try removing just the ABS fuse, I did that but y issue was air in the ABS module itself.

wow, lock up 37s? Wowza!

i can also lock up my 37s with ease and it wasn't even close before I deleted the ABS. Best mod I've done do date and I don't have EBC gucci stuff.

Holy cookaracha :clap:

Im at my witts end and i need some help. I did the abs and lspv delete but my brakes still arent what they should be. I installed new front rotors, pads, and calipers. I bled and bled my brakes again. I just replaced the master cylinder and still nothing. Brakes feel solid when i bleed them and the LC is not running but when i start it, it goes to s*** snd the pedal sinks to the floor. Any suggestions? Brake booster? Problem with rear calipers? on a side not the front calipers were locked up when i bough it.

My experience was the same. The remedy will be posted soon.

I actually met up with a fellow land cruiser owner tonight and he let me try out the feeling of his brakes and come to find out im not really that far off as far as where the brakes need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom