ABS light reset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'96 with the ABS light on. I've looked on YouTube about using pins 4 & 13 on the OBDII connection but there's no pin 13. I found the OBD1/DTC connection on the passenger firewall and went through the steps with Tc & AB probably 5x but the ABS light never blinks rapidly and turns off. Any ideas?

Update: Tried to run diagnostics via OBD1 jumper between E1 & TE1, with key on I get no CEL flashing codes. Found somewhere on another site about jumpering OBDII pins 4 & 9 but all that did was cause a short and blew the 15A OBD fuse. Replaced that, then under the hood pulled the 15A EFI for 1 minute which cleared the CEL but ABS light still on. Brake fluid reservoir is full so I know that's not causing it. Any other ideas?

Download the 1996 FSM from the resources section. Get the EWD while you're there.

My money is on a locked-up ABS actuator.

I guess I need to re-phrase my question. What pins do I jumper to run the DTC test? If you lookup “OBD 2 paperclip trick” it says pins 4 & 13 but there is no pin 13. The older 80’s with OBD1 use the DTC on the engine side passenger firewall.

IMG_1155.jpeg

IMG_1156.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom