What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (59 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SOAZtim looking good bud! Big difference in ride? I also have the Rancho crap on mine. I am looking to remove a leaf then go with either OME or Bilstein Shocks. Mine is stiff, big time.

@SOAZtim looking good bud! Big difference in ride? I also have the Rancho crap on mine. I am looking to remove a leaf then go with either OME or Bilstein Shocks. Mine is stiff, big time.
I greased the leaves of the Rancho kit hoping if they were rusted together they'd start to move, but with no luck. It rides much better, but after riding in an truck with the OME light duty I may decide to make my "heavy" kit into a light one by removing a leaf. It's just the multi day trips where the Aux tank is full and the back is full of crap that makes me think maaaaybe I should keep the heavy duty leaf in there...

"Phase 1" of my project is almost complete. Only took 22 months to get to this point. I will spend the winter finishing off the doors and hardtop. Very happy with the results so far. It will be fun to actually drive it when spring hits!

20171210_135705_resized_1.jpg

@SOAZtim that is the same story with mine. Loaded up she rides great but not loaded up very stiff and I don't think she articulates as well as she should.

@SOAZtim Because I have a reverse shackle front, getting softer will be removing a leaf and new shocks. Wondering without the OME springs if I am better with Bilsteins or OME shocks? Ideas?

Ok... @SOAZtim, there either IS a great story to go along with this picture or you need to make one up!
86A7DAEE-A665-44F7-9EF1-0E9A7383F8F8.jpeg

*I can just imagine the LOOK on my wife’s face if I walked in and said “Hey honey... wanna help me switch out the
suspension on the 40”? :rolleyes:

@SOAZtim Because I have a reverse shackle front, getting softer will be removing a leaf and new shocks. Wondering without the OME springs if I am better with Bilsteins or OME shocks? Ideas?
I've always liked the way Bilstiens control motion better than OME, but with leaf sprung trucks rebound dampening is important so I'd tend to lean towards whichever has more of it.

Ok... @SOAZtim, there either IS a great story to go along with this picture or you need to make one up!
View attachment 1589868
*I can just imagine the LOOK on my wife’s face if I walked in and said “Hey honey... wanna help me switch out the
suspension on the 40”? :rolleyes:
Ya'll laugh now, but wait until the flood comes. THEN we'll see who's a "jeanEous!!" ;)
She is a trooper. She even comes out to bring me beer when it's 110f in our little carport and we're working on our old broken vehicles :)

Tim's other half Kelsey is a gem, she was right there handing him tools when I was over one night and we were putting in new tie rods. Very cool

Tim's other half Kelsey is a gem, she was right there handing him tools when I was over one night and we were putting in new tie rods. Very cool

She sounds like a keeper! My wife doesn't want to get in to my 40 and would rather die than help work on it. Then I have to listen to the demands to sell it. What a life!

She sounds like a keeper! My wife doesn't want to get in to my 40 and would rather die than help work on it. Then I have to listen to the demands to sell it. What a life!
I'm a lucky guy for sure. She even insisted I buy it and helped me find the 4 mice living in it.
She can write better than me too! This Reader Took A Chance On An Old FJ40

fj-40-1-1000x667.jpg

My wife is tolerant with my addiction. She kinda gets it haha. Took her out in it every chance i could this summer and she is enjoying it. It wasnt a overly hard sell to get the go ahead to fly 1200 miles to go get it and drive it home!

installed the new boost gauge next to the tachometer.
IMG_1256[1].JPG

so this is my dash from my view now
IMG_1257[1].JPG

just need to get my hands on a new cluster

Got a few more things done, or redone. Painted the accelerator pedal, replaced the oil pressure gauge, high beam indicator lens, among a lot of other things.
IMG_20171215_073652462[11814].jpg

Got the duct in and the grating squared away. Pretty poor picture.
IMG_20171215_073114851[11820].jpg

Took this picture so if someone is not sure how the metal piece fits on the backside of the dash. I couldn't remember myself until I started putting it on.
IMG_20171215_073707049[11819].jpg

Here's something someone had mentioned in a thread I was reading yesterday, clutch pedal return spring sleeve. I know the spring is not factory, I don't think the truck can tell so I guess he'll live.
IMG_20171215_073631411[11816].jpg
This is what I used. Got it from vintage connections been using there stuff for awhile, always fast getting it to me.
IMG_20171215_074029407[11818].jpg
How you been getting along @rkymtnflyfisher ?

Last edited:
Howzit Vossie

I was getting worried about you. Thought the Crocodile had got you in the chaos.

That cluster looks bad. I think there is a fairly decent one lying in a shed I will be digging in week after next, so if you don't come right there I may have one for you.

Howzit Vossie

I was getting worried about you. Thought the Crocodile had got you in the chaos.

That cluster looks bad. I think there is a fairly decent one lying in a shed I will be digging in week after next, so if you don't come right there I may have one for you.

@Dagha Boy paging @Vossie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom