What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (124 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did a little exploring and got a new machine
20170622_082648.jpg

20170621_131807.jpg

Put on some new rubber, welded on the sliders, and finished painting the handles and grille black. Next I have to install the front & rear armor.

20170622_170546.jpg

We had her huckleberry bear claws, macaroons (incredible) poppy chocolate, beer bread and... really cool place.

Gotta love Polebridge
We spent 28 days in GBP several years back and Polebridge was one of my favorite places visited. Mm-good

How many bears did you see?:eek:

Drove to western Massachusetts rode my bike at thunder mountain added a quart or two of oil drove back to cape cod (Saturday) got breakfast then ripped the driver side running board off, only been 6months since I did the passenger side board, then finished off with a bath (Sunday)

View attachment 1485335

Time for sliders before you bend a rocker panel!

Time for sliders before you bend a rocker panel!
Funny story RE sliders and rocker panels..... last time out a stick or something likewise got jammed between the kickouts and main bodyo fthe slider denting the crap out of my otherwise perfect rocker panels. :doh:

Funny story RE sliders and rocker panels..... last time out a stick or something likewise got jammed between the kickouts and main bodyo fthe slider denting the crap out of my otherwise perfect rocker panels. :doh:

Did you see the post of the Mud member who got a boulder stuck in his wheelwell? If it can happen, it will happen!

Did you see the post of the Mud member who got a boulder stuck in his wheelwell? If it can happen, it will happen!
:lol: Yep. Saw that one as well. :doh:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't rock my truck without sliders, was just laughing at myself that even with armor sheet metal bends.

:lol: Yep. Saw that one as well. :doh:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't rock my truck without sliders, was just laughing at myself that even with armor sheet metal bends.

Adding additional clearance whenever possible...gotta bashem up so I have the guts to cut it all out for sliders like @joez has his setup.

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

Adding additional clearance whenever possible...gotta bashem up so I have the guts to cut it all out for sliders like @joez has his setup.

If you do it now while the sills are still straight, you have a nice guide line for the cut. If you do what I did and wait until you are sledge hammering them down to get your doors back on, it's much harder to keep that nice clean cut line :D

I wish I was that smart... they will probably getting beat around with a hammer. I found your setup getting ideas doing a google image search and it led me back to your post on mud.

@BILT4ME I had my buddy jump in and back it up while moving the tires back and forth, grabbed the nearest log and pried it out. took about two seconds to free it. luckily i stopped right away when I heard it. Could have been much worse. It did tear off the ABS electrical lines off but ABS was deleted on this truck before i got it.

Last edited:
I wish I was that smart... they will probably getting beat around with a hammer. I found your setup getting ideas doing a google image search and it led me back to your post on mud.

Coincidentally it was actually BHCC '12 where I couldn't get my passenger doors back on because of the damage I did. Took me almost an hour with a mini sledge and ax to get them strait enough to drive home with doors on.

Added Dobinson stock height with heavy in back. Steering stabilizer in the mail. Impressions after everything is installed. Front was easier to install than the back. Anti-seize on everything ten years back, will be putting that stuff on everything.

IMG_6548.JPG

IMG_6545.JPG

IMG_6556.JPG

IMG_6557.JPG

Coincidentally it was actually BHCC '12 where I couldn't get my passenger doors back on because of the damage I did. Took me almost an hour with a mini sledge and ax to get them strait enough to drive home with doors on.

The Black Hills are tough on stuff... I think I remember you guys now. I was with you guys on Iceman when @Gumby brought the bobbed 55 out?

Just ran Iceman last month for our club run and I ran it a few weeks ago for a night run while camping with some buds at Dalton Lake.

Some pics cause everyone likes pics...

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom