Curing cancer, 76 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skim coat

IMG_20170224_215009398_HDR.jpg

Good....Lord, these hoods are a bit dainty to lay into when long blocking. Lots of long light strokes.
Without pulling the braces getting the sheet metal correct is tough. No big dings over the braces just a few hail dents. Still a pain.

I think the windshield did a lot of bouncing on the hood, also. All the glue was loose letting things twist easily before I got started. A couple thin rubber spacers and a couple spot welds stiffened it up nicely. I should not have let the filler set for three days before I started sanding because it really gets hard to sand after that long.

Just wondering what others think would look best for running board color. Black, body color, or white like the top and bib. The final color will be a dark metallic grey. Just curious

Are you going to use some sort of liner on them? If you are, I think it depends on rather or not it matches the paint well. If its going to be painted I'd go with what ever the body is to.

Are you going to use some sort of liner on them? If you are, I think it depends on rather or not it matches the paint well. If its going to be painted I'd go with what ever the body is to.
I'm going to paint them. They are easy enough to touch up if need be.

Need updates! You got me hooked with your dark gray metallic paint color and left me hanging without pictures! Looking good.
I'd love to show more progress but all I have gotten done is final prime on the tub, both sets of doors and the hood. I need to get my hard top sides, front fenders and grill that far. I just have too much going on these last couple weeks until mid May.

Once final priming is done things should come together pretty quickly. As long as I don't botch the clear. I HATE wet sanding clear

Well I've accidentally made more progress today. Will be galaxy grey later this evening. Taking a couple hours for the kids now while the sealer flashes. First few are before sealer.

IMG_20170603_110057170.jpg

IMG_20170603_110042404.jpg

IMG_20170603_110103048.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom