Cruiserparts.net, anyone else had issues dealing with them lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought a computer for my 80 from them several years ago. It was sent in a timely fashion and worked fine. Only glitch was they didn't charge me as much as they originally said they would.
I hesitate to flame owners on this page as: (1) Having a business these days is hard, and (2) finding good people to work is even harder.
Ned

I've been dealing with them since 08 and I have had zero issues with them.

Well after those 2 positive reviews I can say that it is over 1 month now that I am waiting for my 3B rad hose and even had to pay extra after I send the first one back.So far I already paid shipping twice plus a hose and still have nothing.......luckily I have some spare diesel parts!

Just my 2 cents

(1) Having a business these days is hard, and (2) finding good people to work is even harder.
Ned

Neither are acceptable excuses for poor customer service.

I just purchased several 3B items from them that were shipped promptly and arrived in order, no hassles.

I've bought several parts from them over the years. Other than being overpriced on certain items, they are a good place to go for hard to find parts.

I had good experiences, but a bad recent one. Recently tried to send a radiator back that was damage in the mail when they sent it to me and they are trying to only give me what they can sell it for.

Using for several years, overall good svc

Never had any issues with them. I returned some items years ago and they gave me full credit and a credit voucher. Only problem was on my end that I waited over a year or so before I tried to cash it in and they had no record of it (changed out computer system) until I emailed a copy to them and they followed up with no issues. Sometimes I seem to get better service from different clerks there. I had inquired about part availability and have been told not available when it actually is but other times CruiserParts seem to find me some pretty obscure stuff for Aussie spec BJ,HJ that no one else is able to source in the US. I have had to wait a long time for parts from them but they told me up front it was being ordered/shipped from Japan.

I inquired about a motor they were selling and didn't get a very reasonable response. I understand that used motors are touchy beasts but it seems that for the high dollars they are asking perhaps a little communication would do them some favor.

I had a very unhappy experience with them. I bought a windshield hinge, a used chrome hatch handle and a set of used oil lines for my cruiser. The hinge came torched and some of the holes were melted. Corner cutting at its finest, they didn't bother to clean the slag or even the soot off the the part and tossed all the parts in one bag, I'm pretty sure the hatch handle didn't have oil, grease and soot all over it before it was tossed in the bag. A simple plastic bag would have separated this part and kept it clean. (when you order from Cruiser Corps every single item is in a bag with a label.) Then when I called to complain about the hinge the guy was very argumentative and suddenly I was in a fight about what a used part is and if that involves being torched. In my mind a used part is just that used in a normal life of a cruiser and not blasted with a torch leaving pits and melted areas. They did in the end replace the hinge with one that was also torched, the damage incurred was minimal but it was also very slightly bent and needed work with pb blaster just to get it moving again.

I've been throwing parts at cruisers for almost 20 years, I've never experienced a seller or a business that cared less. I hate bashing on a seller but they have some serious improvements that need to be made in how they treat parts and customers. Don't argue with your customers if you want them to return and/or make bad reviews about you. If your parts might be torched then its up to you to disclose that BEFORE you sell it. Just like the hatch handle said "may have pitting".

I've bought quite a few parts for my 80 from them. One bit of confusion with some hardware, but they quickly made it right. No complaints here, their prices are on par with other vendors for the hard to find stuff.

I've bought quite a few things from them and been happy with them. Often they're they only outfit with a part for my BJ74. They do get back ordered sometimes and have to wait for another production run of certain parts from Toyota. Which is fine with me. Perhaps if we're wiling to deal with the delays, Toyota will see there's still demand for these products to be supported for longer and continue making them via "production runs". I've been getting exactly what I need from them, but they could communicate better when something is going to be a while so you don't sit waiting for it...

I only tried one purchase from them. I called to order Fuji brand tie rod ends. I followed up with an email confirming they would send Fuji brand tie rod ends. They sent the tie rod ends, in the Fuji box and each was individually bagged in a Fuji plastic bag. However, each Fuji bag was cut open and the tie rod ends were 555 brand (I know some are OK Japanese 555 vs cheaper 555 chinese but I wanted Fujis and that is what they said they would send). I thought this was purposefully deceptive and a crap way of doing business. They returned the money and paid for shipping the items back and I haven't done business with them at all since.

I recently bought something via ebay from them and it got to me faster than I thought possible. I've used them numerous times over the last 8+ years without issue. That's included returning/exchanging a cylinder head and exchanging a used alternator that crapped out a month or so after installation.

I just wish they would get rid of the cursive font in the 60 parts section. It's like buying parts from a Victorian novel or something!

Just curious....
Run away. If you can find ANY other supplier besides these guys use them. 80% of the items I got from them during the rebuild was garbage; either the wrong part or it was trashed worse than what I was replacing. Maybe others have had good luck, but I am done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom