New to me: '66 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I traded it for a John Deere Gator...

Well, if I was smart, I would have...

It's almost done.

060811a.jpg

Engine is wired up. Have a few loose wires, but I'll route them once the fenders are mounted.

060811b.jpg

Spent some time over the past fer weekends making brake line tabs. Nothing I bought off the shelf fit...

060811c.jpg

Cage is in and tacked. Need to get it out of the garage to lift it off and fully weld.

060811d.jpg

Another angle. All of the wires hanging over the front are for the headlights, signals and horn. Waiting for the grill to get mounted.

060811e.jpg

Another view...

060811f.jpg

Got my Kansas plate mounted. Seems half the sockets in the taillights don't want to work. Have to play with them some more. Still need to finish the tire carrier.

060811g.jpg

Another view...

060811h.jpg

Dash is wired. Only thing remaining is the radio, horn button (on the dash) wipers and reverse switch. As it sits now. Turn the key and it starts right up. Had to redo the headers last weekend. Had them planed, double felpro gaskets and no more leaks.

060811i.jpg

Did run into a little snag. I think JT noticed when he stopped by that I only had about 1/2" of clearance between the spring and the drag link on my highsteer setup. Noticed at full lock that it rubs. I'm running a 1" drop on the pitman. Hoping a straight pitman will fix it. Might have to give 4x4labs a call.

060811j.jpg

Another view of the drag link

060811k.jpg

1" drop pitman. Running the Chevy 1 ton TRE's.

And that's where I'm at right now. If it doesn't rain this weekend, I'll be painting the fenders, grille, windshield frame and re-shooting the hood (don't ask). So close I can feel it.

Hope to see everyone at CMCC. The 40 won't be making the trip this time, but it won't be long.

Bill, none of your pics are showing. Is there a link problem?

Good to hear about your '40 coming along.

Ah, now I see. It's a firewall issue here at work. It sees that as a gambling site. You musta changed where you keep your pics, as I usta be able to see them. Oh well.

Pics are on my own web server. I'll have to check the spamming sites and see if my domain got listed on any of them.

Looking great Bill, you have been busy since I was out. Looking forward to hopefully wheeling with you later this summer/fall.

Explain the Kansas tag please.

Not much to explain. I just wanted to see what it looked like with a plate on it. That's my tag from when I was stationed at Ft. Riley, KS. I may leave it on for a test ride or two before I get it registered. Do cops really look at license plates? :D

Just curious Bill. I used to live in KS and went to KSU. Your 40 looks great!

I loved Manhattan (KSU). Spent a lot of time there.

Just to keep everyone updated...

Before ticket:
bftkt.jpg

After ticket:
aftkt.jpg

Local fuzz stated having exposed tires was a violation of the PA vehicle code... Who knew? lol
Well, I had 72 hrs to repair the vehicle or I'd get fined and lose my registration. So, for 3 nights after work, I made fender flares for the rear. Bought a generic roll of flare material for the front. I hate 'em but the 40 is legal again.

You may also notice, I still haven't finished the cage. Hope to have it done by next weekend.

Ended up getting a tom woods shaft for the rear. Now that I'm on the road again, I can flex it and measure for the front. Wait, that sounds bad...

Looks good either way Bill.

Thanks! Now all it needs is a Hula Girl for the dash... :D

Well, it's "around town" done. Still lots to do for "trail ready" done, but it's getting there.

one sweet rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom