Hitting the trails April 6th. Anyone want to go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was a great day! Bit chilly and a few sprinkles in the morning but generally tolerable once in the trees.

@Cass007 led the way with myself following then @Pacer @jamarquardt22 and bring up the rear @StinkyPig. Throughout the day the order would change a little.

Beginning of the day we stayed close to the parking lot hitting the trails just to the left after entering. Forgive me I don't know the trail names and barely remember the numbers, Aaron stretched his legs going up a black hill climb and coming back down, at some point his right rear hub got unlocked on the way down making us think we might have had our first trail break of the day. After locking it back in we soldered on. Hit all the blue trails we could in that section and headed towards the main road to go into the park a little more. Heading down the main drag we witnessed the rescue utv carting out a downed dirt bike rider (passed the park bike a little later). From here it's gets fuzzy.

We stopped for lunch after doing a section of muddy shackle I believe and then continued on. At some point I got in the lead and we went in the hunt for another blue trail. I believe it was 35. All I remember was seeing two signs that both led to trails that were well beyond the realm of being blue, the section I traversed up about 100ft was a soft side hill that once you crested the top had a hard off camber left turn that would already pitch you even further off camber passenger to a little hump that would point you straight down and the into a dip that was no more than a few feet wide and then almost a vertical hill climb. Just a big nope, then Aaron tried the other entrance that had a pretty soft hill that proved challenging so we backed off and headed for other blues.

We ended up getting into the culvert but first we had to move out of the way for the cyber truck. I think we went in backwards, Aaron and Andy getting flexy getting into the culvert itself rest of us rode the side till we reached the end. At some point getting out of that trail towards the main green Bill suffered a broken sway bar mount I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). At this point it was around 2 in the afternoon so we decided to call it a day.

Had a great day out, good to see y'all!

Mark seemed to take a few, please add them to the album.

Marks pics are added. @Pacer , I think Mark fell in love with the Trekker!
I lost a pass side mirror and a pass side front sway bar link. And a boost tube clamp on the tow rig. All worthwhile.
I am installing a fresh 2F in Myrtle the 78 FJ40...shes going to need a test run soon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom