Events/Trails 💥Pig Party 2022💥 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More for Bob

F8D2F0E3-3700-47E6-A75A-D8B9F522CA6C.jpeg

BTW, Pat ( @landcruisnman ) shows up with this shirt pictured (second down in the above post) and doesn’t remember who he got it through. Does it ring a bell with anyone??

Iron Pig Preservation Society (!)😃
Musta been before my time here, don’t recall seeing that :hmm:

Great pics , keep em coming....also great to see the faces and not just trucks!

What’s the elevation out there? Thinking 6000-7000’, how’s the sniper set ups doing?

What’s the elevation out there? Thinking 6000-7000’, how’s the sniper set ups doing?
One fantastic viewpoint on Thursday's run was right at 10,925 feet. From that point you can see about 90% of the Sangre de Cristo range, from the north end above Salida, CO to very close to the south end above Santa Fe, NM. The distance as the crow flies from Salida to Santa Fe is right at 200 miles, so we saw about 180 miles of the range from that spot.

Too many Pig t-shirts over the years, I know I've got a stack of them. Need to show up to one of these just to show them off sometime, looks like you guys might let me join w/o a piggy ... just keep thinking I'll find another one :pig:

Edit: was trying to find my Knights of the Iron Pig shirt … I’m sure it’s somewhere.

image.jpg

Last edited:
how’s the sniper set ups doing?
Quite a few Sniper setups at the Party.
@Pigeaten
@landcruisnman
@DTC72
@abqcruiser

Pigeaten (Don) had issues the first couple of days with a fuel leak and throttle cable. Got those ironed out and he was able to climb on up to +10,000ft without a problem.

Landcrusnman had an interesting issue with his hydraulic clutch system when, how can I describe this(?), an extension of hard line for the clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder plumbing between the lower passenger side firewall and soft line going to the slave cylinder, cracked and started leaking fluid. We ended up removing the short extension and hooking the soft line from the slave directly to the fitting of the upper section of hard line on the firewall. I wouldn’t understand if I read this either, so hopefully there’s some pics out there that will help with the visual.

Quite a few Sniper setups at the Party.
@Pigeaten
@landcruisnman
@DTC72
@abqcruiser

Pigeaten (Don) had issues the first couple of days with a fuel leak and throttle cable. Got those ironed out and he was able to climb on up to +10,000ft without a problem.

Landcrusnman had an interesting issue with his hydraulic clutch system when, how can I describe this(?), an extension of hard line for the clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder plumbing between the lower passenger side firewall and soft line going to the slave cylinder, cracked and started leaking fluid. We ended up removing the short extension and hooking the soft line from the slave directly to the fitting of the upper section of hard line on the firewall. I wouldn’t understand if I read this either, so hopefully there’s some pics out there that will help with the visual.

Modern problems require modern solutions.

65958DCC-596E-48AB-B555-DB36F7BEC1D7.jpeg

how’s the sniper set ups doing?
My Sniper performed flawlessly at elevation and on the drive from Las Vegas to NM. I had to change both pre and post filters before the trip though.

Here is what “broke” at the PP:
1) driver door latch mechanism won’t open
2) tailgate window gear finally cracked from the sound it is making and will need to put in one I got from Evan
3) rear passenger door pull lock head popped off so we need to source a new one somewhere
4) looks like my water pump is going bad, no overheating but there is a loud squealing noise that is coming from the front of the engine. Doesn’t seem to be the belts so maybe the bearings inside the water pump?

Was a great time and really good to get to meet everyone in person.

Trail fixes are the best fixes, sometimes I leave them just to see how long they’ll last. Had a homemade t-stat housing gasket on my 3FE for years, someone in the group had a spare t-stat but no gasket … someone else a sheet of make your own. Pocket knife, a little water from the Nalgene and we finished our trip 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom