Builds Call me Deacon Blues (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been watching the Aussies 4WD 24/7 lately on YouTube and I don't say this word often, but I LOVE the look of a UTE 😍.

So now I want one. Still retiring in a few years and moving to Japan. Still planning on taking my LC there because of all I've done is rather pay ~10k to get it there and they make it to their specs, than pay $20k-$30k on a stock one when I get there (not saying that I get a few there 😉).

Here are my options:
1. Don't chop Deacon.
2. Chop Deacon.
3. Buy another LC and chop it.
4. Stop wanting s***.

These are my current inspections.

Sam's from Australia
NJF_7128-min-20210107_1609989459.jpg
26258B22-0076-4139-9D95-DB7CF86F7651.jpeg

Can remember his name but he's the co-owner of Mule Expedition Outfitters in WA/OR.
GJMuleWagonPhotosBryonDorr-1-1200x628.jpg
er-cut-in-half-converted-to-flat-bed-with-corvette-motor-camper-canopy-Skf-3apvxZY-796x445.jpg

Your opinion/advice/recommendations will be appreciated and noted. I may or may not listen 🤣

Buy another with blown engine and chop it. Then insert engine of choice (diesel, LS, etc.). Deacon is too cherry to chop!

Chop yours!
You were the first to respond and I was like HELL YEAH!! Lets do it.

Buy another with blown engine and chop it. Then insert engine of choice (diesel, LS, etc.). Deacon is too cherry to chop!
agreed, find a 2nd one, and put that under the knife :D
Thank you. Had to take another look at ol' Deacon.

At the moment, I'm obsessed with the chop and want it done right, but today I just got the bill for front and rear Harrop e-lockers, RCV chromoly axle, and install. . .It more than I originally paid for the LC (but again I bought it for a steal).

So here's the plan:
1. If I put a dent on Deacon (this I cant life with) I'll chop him. (I will always avoid panel damage at all cost)
2. If I find a decent priced 80, I'll chop it.
3. I need to go on another deployment to get more money to spend.

I don’t know how I helped but I love spending your money bro. Looking forward to this next adventure of yours!
I thought you also said not to chop Deacon, but get another 🤔.

Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Dear Diary,
Soon I will continue helping someone else spend their money :D
Not sure I need the help. I'm already good at it.

Finally got Deacon back from East Coast Gear Supply. He's now x3 locked and no more growling/vibration in the driveshaft 😁

Everything was complete a week in a half ago, but they wanted to use the OEM diff lock switch instead of the separate toggles.

20220608_153534.jpg

So I guess I bought this for nothing lol.
20220608_153450.jpg

I'll find something to put there eventually.

The skidplate wont be so shinny after GSMTR :grinpimp:

The skidplate wont be so shinny after GSMTR :grinpimp:
That's why it went on now so I can get an even coat of dirt and mud. It's supposed to rain there next week 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom