Builds Call me Deacon Blues (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

f***ing around, I turned the corner on the way home and gave a firm step on the pedal while in 2nd. Hit 8.5 lbs of boost 😁.

For us "normal" turbo/SC'd LC, it's not to shabby. Last week I had the nerve to ask @GLTHFJ60 how much boost is he running (he has a 60 that's diesel swapped and twin turbo)? I think he said something like 35-40 lbs of boost. . .that made me stop asking questions and drink my beer.

47# boost peak right now :lol:

For the past week or so, been smelling fuel inside the cab. Took a good look under the hood and started sniffing around 👃. Ensuring bolts are tight and hoses are attached. Shinned a light around the injectors and noticed the 6th fuel injector is leaking 🤦🏽‍♂️. I think I have a few extra injectors and o-rings around.

Backing up at tad. You know when you look at something that looks bad ass, then you take a picture of it and the picture give it no justice? Well I had one of those moments this morning. Drove Deacon into work this morning, and liked how the running lights looked before dawn.

20220509_052833_HDR.jpg

Backing up at tad. You know when you look at something that looks bad ass, then you take a picture of it and the picture give it no justice? Well I had one of those moments this morning. Drove Deacon into work this morning, and liked how the running lights looked before dawn.

View attachment 3004624
It almost looks like a 55 to me.

Multiple attempts changing out a fuel injector and o-rings.

Attempt #1: record breaking time for me working on the 80. Opened it up and pulled the fuel rail (keeping all injectors in expect the 6th).
20220514_115433_HDR.jpg

The 6th injectors mangled 😑
20220514_184443.jpeg

Fastened everything up and since everything was going smoothly, I put on the Whiteline adjustable front panhard bar.
20220514_182102_HDR.jpg

Tuned the 80 on. . fuel gushed on the ground. . the injectors aren't seated 🤬

Attempt #2: took it all apart, injectors still in the block and took the rail off. An o-ring split half. Changed the o-ring and just hooked up the fuel lines. Turned the engine over and injectors 1 & 4 spitting fuel 🤦🏽‍♂️

Attempt #3: took off the fuel rail and pulled all the injectors out of the block. Examined all of them. A few o-rings were destroyed due to me being lazy by trying to tighten the fuel rail with the injectors in the block (instead of taking them out the block, inspect, put in fuel rail then tighten them into the block.)

Third time's a charm 😉

Multiple attempts changing out a fuel injector and o-rings.

Attempt #1: record breaking time for me working on the 80. Opened it up and pulled the fuel rail (keeping all injectors in expect the 6th).
View attachment 3008983

The 6th injectors mangled 😑
View attachment 3008985
Fastened everything up and since everything was going smoothly, I put on the Whiteline adjustable front panhard bar.
View attachment 3008984
Tuned the 80 on. . fuel gushed on the ground. . the injectors aren't seated 🤬

Attempt #2: took it all apart, injectors still in the block and took the rail off. An o-ring split half. Changed the o-ring and just hooked up the fuel lines. Turned the engine over and injectors 1 & 4 spitting fuel 🤦🏽‍♂️

Attempt #3: took off the fuel rail and pulled all the injectors out of the block. Examined all of them. A few o-rings were destroyed due to me being lazy by trying to tighten the fuel rail with the injectors in the block (instead of taking them out the block, inspect, put in fuel rail then tighten them into the block.)

Third time's a charm 😉
Oh man, that's a bummer. Glad it is all fixed 🍻

Just dropped the LC off at East Coast Gear Supply for front and rear e-lockers. They will also refresh all the bearings in the front and rear diffs, checking out my pinion angles to get rid of the growl/vibration 🤞🏽. I'm also getting them to install RCV axles in the front while they are in there.

The actual appointment for install isn't till next week, but decided to drop it off now while I have the time.
20220516_153935_HDR.jpg

Nissan-S13-with-a-Twin-Supercharged-1UZ-V8-05.jpg

I think I'll do a dual SC setup 🤔.

Jk. This one is an actual TRD SC (instead of the usual Kazuma ones we see (Kazuma and the TRD SC are the same, just a with the TRD stamp)).

So I'll clean this up and make sure all parts are there then first see if someone from the club wants it before opening it up to the public.

View attachment 3013637

I think I'll do a dual SC setup 🤔.

Jk. This one is an actual TRD SC (instead of the usual Kazuma ones we see (Kazuma and the TRD SC are the same, just a with the TRD stamp)).

So I'll clean this up and make sure all parts are there then first see if someone from the club wants it before opening it up to the public.
Let me know!

Thanks for going through the trouble to get it and then offer it to the club. I hope you make a tidy profit - this still is America after all. I just a put a new long block in mine, so I am fresh out of duckets.
Hopefully a little bit like a finder's fee, and refreshing some of the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom