Nothing of interest here (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scored some more parts. Random bits off eBay, 50 for defrost tubing and another 50 for the boxes of misc. Pieces and lamps. The big item here is the windshield frame, complete with glass, hinges, wiper motor and rearview(600+ship) Thanks again @Wadesters for dealing with the shipping headache and supplying me a rock solid part! Tested the wiper motor and it fired right up, awesome!

KIMG1653.JPG

KIMG1651.JPG

KIMG1650.JPG

KIMG1649.JPG

KIMG1654.JPG

Not a snowballs chance in hell the windshield hold downs are gonna reach the hook points. Had I bothered researching mud for early frame to late tub I'm sure I'd have known about that already. I'm sure mud also has the solution, guess I'll go ahead and look into that now. Also threw a soft door on just to get to look at it as a semi complete looking vehicle for the first time. Had I not currently had the top tore to pieces I'd definitely have put it and doors back on...either way I'm pretty stoked to see my abandoned carcass of a cruiser beginning to look like something.

KIMG1652.JPG

KIMG1656.JPG

Scored some more parts. Random bits off eBay, 50 for defrost tubing and another 50 for the boxes of misc. Pieces and lamps. The big item here is the windshield frame, complete with glass, hinges, wiper motor and rearview(600+ship) Thanks again @Wadesters for dealing with the shipping headache and supplying me a rock solid part! Tested the wiper motor and it fired right up, awesome!

Nice score..!

Ok sir. Can you use these? I’m like Moses getting to the Canaan. Takes longer than promised…😎

If these are to your liking, I’ll kick ‘‘em out the door come Monday… Like I said over on the Mule channel, it’s “Honey doo” season and the Mrs bought an extra tag…

F027F8E7-E5FB-46E0-AB20-5D4CF5226279.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you. It would have been SO much easier to just get rid of the ribs altogether and throw in a piece of flat, it's gonna be covered by oe floor mat anyway... But I would know it was there, and that just wouldn't do. I wanted the repair to be as true to original and invisible as possible- and (usually) when I do something, I want it to at least appear that I gave a s***. This time, I feel like I accomplished that.
Those ribs stiffen the metal, and reduce noise/strengthen the metal, so they are NOT a waste of time to do.

Ok sir. Can you use these? I’m like Moses getting to the Canaan. Takes longer than promised…😎

If these are to your liking, I’ll kick ‘‘em out the door come Monday… Like I said over on the Mule channel, it’s “Honey doo” season and the Mrs bought an extra tag…

View attachment 2995393
Well, since you mentioned it...I haven't procured any south 40 protectors just yet, and if it'd help you punch a honeydo tag(in what I can only assume to be a completely unwarranted push for the purge of "junk" from the garage) I'd gladly give them a good home.

Lol, I should have never taught that woman to shoot… :oops:

Well I had a spare set that was collecting dust down in the storage bld, didn’t recall seeing a set when you brought your TLC in for rehab. I reckon you may be able to shine ‘em up and use ‘em…the set is @ctualy in pretty good shape. No rust, maybe a nick or two, but nothing serious.

I've come to a very similar conclusion in that you must be careful with what you teach your lady, lest that information/skill be used against you....and it sounds like they'll be perfect, that's exactly what I want on this build- as many good, solid, original Toyota pieces as I can procure but nothing brand new and perfect if I can avoid it(at least for the exterior/body)- I DO NOT want it to end up "too nice" where I cringe to get it dirty, scratched, dinged or generally put it to work. Actually, something right along the lines of your mule is perfect in my mind- very presentable for a beast of burden of advanced age and usage and tastefully done while maintaining the Toyota reliability and indestructibility we've all come to know and love.

Received a package this weekend from mark @65swb45 . In spite of the USPS's best efforts to destroy the package- and I'm certain due entirely to the excellent packaging job they had received, all my parts made it completely intact and unscathed. (Thank you, Mark's wife!)

KIMG1663.JPG

KIMG1662.JPG

KIMG1665.JPG

Pecked around on the rear/side section of the front floors and the passenger front floorpan with pointed body hammer to expose all the soft spots, and stared at it a bit. Started roughing in a patch for the driver's side rear section and stared at that too. Also broke in a new koozie.

View attachment 2973042

View attachment 2973043

View attachment 2973044

View attachment 2973045

View attachment 2973046
Very impressive thread. You have a gift for sure.
Where did you get that koozie? So cool

🍺👈😎 Cruiser Karma…
This/\
From where this truck started to where it is now is a statement to the amount of cruiserheads who "get it". Both the builders will and those involved with helping.
Everyone from a janitor to a multy millionaire loves em, has one or two, has owned one at a point in life, and likes to swap stories about them.
:beer:indeed

This/\
From where this truck started to where it is now is a statement to the amount of cruiserheads who "get it". Both the builders will and those involved with helping.
Everyone from a janitor to a multy millionaire loves em, has one or two, has owned one at a point in life, and likes to swap stories about them.
:beer:indeed
Speaking of which, I received a package today from Mr. @Chungas Revenge himself! The repeated generosity of cruiser people has lead me to the conclusion that cruiser karma has to be real and these rigs must be more than just simply Japanese trucks- there's something special about them. I've built and owned more vehicles than I can remember (literally), of all makes and varieties. and prior to this build the concept of free parts was a ridiculous notion. Crazier still the idea they'd be coming from "strangers" on the internet...and it doesn't stop there, postage on this wasn't insignificant- so it actually cost him a pretty penny to send me free parts... yet here they are. Cruiser people are a special breed, and it's a privilege to be a part of the community. Thank you sir, I will give them a good home standing duty protecting the rear of my formerly stripped and neglected 40.

KIMG1671~2.JPG

Speaking of which, I received a package today from Mr. @Chungas Revenge himself! The repeated generosity of cruiser people has lead me to the conclusion that cruiser karma has to be real and these rigs must be more than just simply Japanese trucks- there's something special about them. I've built and owned more vehicles than I can remember (literally), of all makes and varieties. and prior to this build the concept of free parts was a ridiculous notion. Crazier still the idea they'd be coming from "strangers" on the internet...and it doesn't stop there, postage on this wasn't insignificant- so it actually cost him a pretty penny to send me free parts... yet here they are. Cruiser people are a special breed, and it's a privilege to be a part of the community. Thank you sir, I will give them a good home standing duty protecting the rear of my formerly stripped and neglected 40.

View attachment 3001470
Glad everything made it safe and sound. I think they will clean up nicely and make a worthy addition to your TLC. You have really done (doing) an incredible job bringing your “40” back from the brink.

Not a snowballs chance in hell the windshield hold downs are gonna reach the hook points. Had I bothered researching mud for early frame to late tub I'm sure I'd have known about that already. I'm sure mud also has the solution, guess I'll go ahead and look into that now. Also threw a soft door on just to get to look at it as a semi complete looking vehicle for the first time. Had I not currently had the top tore to pieces I'd definitely have put it and doors back on...either way I'm pretty stoked to see my abandoned carcass of a cruiser beginning to look like something.

View attachment 2994047

View attachment 2994048
Just seeing this now. The solution is really kind of simple. If you get the ‘75 and newer windshield HINGES, the extra length in the stand-off to the pivot kicks the frame FORWARD as well as up (to clear the bottom-mount wiper motor)

I can make you a good deal on some of those hinges if yo’d like to buys some from me.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom