new here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just today received delivery of '75 fj40. totally stock save for aluminum radiator. back in high school took many trips to mammoth mtn

to ski in a fj40, helped with driving and hated the seat to pedals orientation. looks like thats my first project. any over 6'0 owners have a solution. can't wait to take it to rower and see how it performs!

just today received delivery of '75 fj40. totally stock save for aluminum radiator. back in high school took many trips to mammoth mtn

to ski in a fj40, helped with driving and hated the seat to pedals orientation. looks like thats my first project. any over 6'0 owners have a solution. can't wait to take it to rower and see how it performs!
Pics or it didn’t happen.

However, welcome aboard.
I did a simple seat extension with unistrut.
type in your query along with fj40 into the googles and you’ll generally find what you need here.

For instance “seat extensions fj40” yields:
RevISK’s ‘80 FJ40 - A Girl Named Norman - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/revisks-80-fj40-a-girl-named-norman.1211375/page-8#post-14938166 (post 145)

You can make some extensions going from the frt mounts and past the rear mounts out-of 1/4" flat stk or something similar, and mount the seat further back.

I just finished raising my driver seat 2”. It’s in the thread ‘what have you done to your Land Cruiser this week?’ around page 1765 or so.

I’m 6’3 no adjustments yet on the 76. Considering the flat bar mod. After driving it all summer I’ve adjusted to it. Drive it more. Shoe size will affect things. Can’t drive the 40 with ski boots on.

IMG_0108.png

I did the same flat bar seat extensions as tahoe fj40 shows above. I'm only 6' but the extra room made driving the 40 so much more comfortable and the extensions were very simple to make.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom