What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

E21DBBAE-C5E8-4857-BC67-55B02D4AF613.jpeg
5FAC00A8-1A63-4B3E-A554-8B00CED50454.jpeg

E36FA0AC-59B9-4155-86AB-805BA7E75B47.jpeg

Last edited:
Couldn’t find any threads on 40 series phone mount ideas. I had an unused switch hole on my dash that I mounted a Ram ball on with a t-bolt.

I have a Ram ball setup in my Tacoma that I love. In the Tacoma, I’m using this mount, which is great, but didn’t want to spend the $$ again.

Here’s the setup from Amazon:
1. RAM Track Ball with T-Bolt... Amazon product ASIN B00FE66K862. RAM Double Socket Arm Amazon product ASIN B000UGZTQO3. RAM X-Grip Large Phone Holder... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7B2NV4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

View attachment 2559583
View attachment 2559586
I have one of these on the windshield at a height where my phone sits on the dash pad

Oddly, I don’t think my shackle angles are even up front either, but the frame is dead level up front measured from the ground to the bumper gusset.
Same here.

Talked my girlfriend into stripping steering knuckles off for me to use on another axel.
My heart! I'm sitting here skimming judgments and quickly checked mud to clear my head. My internet is slow so it takes quite a while to load the pics. But I can see they're coming... And I automatically skim read: "Talked my girlfriend into stripping...for me...sex..." AND the pics are loading sloooowly. I will now have a whiskey and call it a day.
KEEPER.

I owe an explanation to Oregon FJ40 who I promised to contact and do some work for and didn't. I apologize but I got one of those very rare "Name-your-price" call s while driving back to PDX from Sun Valley. Long story short it was 1st Class all the way home and within 60 hours of getting the call I was back home and hard at work and have hardly raised my head since. Life is full of surprises. Sorry Oregon FJ40 but as soon as I'm done I'm heading back and I'll make up for it.

Dead 1975. Replaced fuel pump relay, ... started right up. Took me awhile to find the problem however.

Don't be so sure that's not the cause of your lean, though. It's definitely the source of mine.

Think I found at least part of the problem - it turns out my springs do have “+” and “-“ sides on the rear springs. My fronts are both “+” I had installed the rear “-“ on the passenger side since 40’s tends to lean driver (or so I’ve read). Mine is leaning passenger (toward the minus). Go figure my truck has to be special...

I may try to swap the rear springs around - it may wind up leaning even worse driver but it’s worth a shot...

I owe an explanation to Oregon FJ40 who I promised to contact and do some work for and didn't. I apologize but I got one of those very rare "Name-your-price" call s while driving back to PDX from Sun Valley. Long story short it was 1st Class all the way home and within 60 hours of getting the call I was back home and hard at work and have hardly raised my head since. Life is full of surprises. Sorry Oregon FJ40 but as soon as I'm done I'm heading back and I'll make up for it.
No worries at all, we will hopefully meet up next time you are up here. Maybe by then my rig will be driving. I was actually more worried about you as you vanished, was hoping you were not in a wreck somewhere along the way. Glad you made it back home.

Also discovered today that I took a pretty serious hit to the front differential. Anyone have any cleaver recommendations for protecting the front face of the dif and the drain plug? I know there are purpose built “masks” for some other cruiser axles but I’m not sure I’ve seen anything purpose built for a 40.

View attachment 2557543
Pipe cap/cut in half. or checkout ruff stuff Dan used to stock half caps/ armor.. might want to loose the bottom drain plug or at least put the Allen low profile ones in..

Pipe cap/cut in half. or checkout ruff stuff Dan used to stock half caps/ armor.. might want to loose the bottom drain plug or at least put the Allen low profile ones in..

Already running the low profile Allen plug - whether or not I should weld the drain plug shut is a hotly contested topic among some members of the group i wheel with. I’d prefer to keep it, though I understand the risks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom