What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tried to get a broken bolt out of the muffler heat shield. Not today, ended up zip tying that one up :). Then took for a spin and caught the alpenglow beginning.

3992D1D7-363B-4ECB-B86B-5D10605019E3.jpeg

Yeah, I suppose at the time whatever the PO needed it for was more important than the FJ40~ Portion of the vin. :p

desmocruiser said​

"...OME lift installed with Bilstein shocks."
Hi Desmo(ged)Cruiser,
may I ask you, when opting for an OME kit why not to use their own OME shocks?
Could the Bilsteins shocks give better results than stock with the OME suspension?

That said, congratulate you mate for your great FJ40 (beautiful in 653 olive brown), shop and co-pilot!
Did you make a build thread?

Last edited:

desmocruiser said​

"...OME lift installed with Bilstein shocks."
Hi Desmo(ged)Cruiser,
may I ask you, when opting for an OME kit why not to use their own OME shocks?
Could the Bilsteins shocks give better results than stock with the OME suspension?

That said, congratulate you mate for your great FJ40 (beautiful in 653 olive brown), shop and co-pilot!
Did you make a build thread?

Thank you, the 40 hardly leaves the garage without him!

I went with the Bilstein hoping for a little softer ride, this one isn’t a hardcore trail truck.

I don’t think you can go either way and I did favor the silver vs the yellow on this build.

desmocruiser said:​

"Thank you, the 40 hardly leaves the garage without him!

I went with the Bilstein hoping for a little softer ride, this one isn’t a hardcore trail truck
."

Hopefully they will do so! In that case, I would consider them to complete an OME suspension kit for the BJ45 resto I plan...

In respect to these co-pilots, I believe they are part of the crew! :cheers:

Last edited:
Well dang. See what happens when you don't drive your 40 enough.

20210125_111935.jpg

Rigged up a EVAP system with charcoal canister to get rid of using a vented gas cap, as gas will spill out when off-roading with anything over 1/2 a tank.

I am little embarrassed to be showing the final product, but I am fairly confident it will resolve the issue I was having. I will try to track down a proper vapor separator canister and replace the filter element with that in the future.

. He just picked up the mustard 75’ in Montana last week.
40's aren't supposed to leave Montana once they get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom