What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the motor mounts. Thought it would be an hour project... but apparently the wrench gods thought otherwise as one of the wrenches slipped as I was torquing down one of the bolts and naturally catches me square just above the left eye. Eventually finished in about 2hrs, ice pack in tow.

The rear mounts were in very bad condition. The front one appeared to be the original “hockey puck” style mounts. They didnt look too bad, but went ahead and replaced them with the new “ice cream sandwich” style mounts.

Replacing body mounts is next on the list.

Made a console out of a bad craigslist purchase. I was pining after a Tuffy for a while, but couldn't bring myself to drop that kinda of cash on a console.

Took much longer than it should have, but was close to free, maybe $40 into it. Don't judge my welding too much, what I lack in welding, I make up in grinding. ;)

IMG_20201101_142017451_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201105_180230932.jpg

IMG_20201107_085359438.jpg

IMG_20201107_085431790_HDR.jpg

Pretty funny! My wife is the OU fan, I’m a UGA fan..currently being humbled by UF.
I didn't see that coming!

Tech, I drove my 40 to the store for beer before the football games.

Punted the body mount project for now. But got the new bumper and the old 8274 installed. Sure would have been nice to have an engine lift to get the 8274 mounting bolts aligned on the bumper as the 8274’s are built like a tank.

Thxs again to Dave at 4Plus for the high quality bumper!

90BBECA7-CAB6-4211-955B-F5092A8CE6E9.jpeg

It was a good weekend. Pulled the front clip and the SBC. Test fit the lm7- gonna need block huggers, but otherwise slid right in place.
7D423B02-E7E8-45A6-B711-9996F29249BE.jpeg

With the engine test fit, I pulled it back out and got it back on the stand. Next I pulled the cage and tub in one pull.
3448E4E4-2FA3-4256-BD9E-3B87ECABA51D.jpeg

The cowl and front clip are headed for the dustless blaster and then I’ll start on the patching the rust and body damage. I think I’ll raptor the inside of the aqualu tub. Maybe the bottom too. Then off to paint shop to return toy the dune biege. Wish me luck!!!

It was a good weekend. Pulled the front clip and the SBC. Test fit the lm7- gonna need block huggers, but otherwise slid right in place.
View attachment 2490303
With the engine test fit, I pulled it back out and got it back on the stand. Next I pulled the cage and tub in one pull.
View attachment 2490302
The cowl and front clip are headed for the dustless blaster and then I’ll start on the patching the rust and body damage. I think I’ll raptor the inside of the aqualu tub. Maybe the bottom too. Then off to paint shop to return toy the dune biege. Wish me luck!!!

If you are going to run a bed liner, I'd recommend going the Lizard Skin route for the interior. It is expensive, but it should really help with the heat and sound.

This gonna seem like I’m being overly frugal, but how does this clutch look-
C56A0D94-AA20-4C90-A9AC-CE500AD4EF5C.jpeg
33E2CEE3-4E9D-498C-8377-C3C2785AB54F.jpeg

The friction plate looks good to my eye. I’m debating if I can reuse this for my lm7. The clutch has maybe 8k miles on it and I’d like reuse it on my sm465. I have new flywheel for back of the lm7, but I’d like save some money on the clutch.

If you are going to run a bed liner, I'd recommend going the Lizard Skin route for the interior. It is expensive, but it should really help with the heat and sound.
I was going to go for the lizard skin, but honestly it doesn’t get that hot here. I drive in flip flops all summer and I’m never that hot. Budget is stating to kick in, so I’m trying to save a bit with Upol raptor.

This gonna seem like I’m being overly frugal, but how does this clutch look-View attachment 2490309View attachment 2490310
The friction plate looks good to my eye. I’m debating if I can reuse this for my lm7. The clutch has maybe 8k miles on it and I’d like reuse it on my sm465. I have new flywheel for back of the lm7, but I’d like save some money on the clutch.

I'm no expert, and about 6 beers in on it tonight, but I don't see any reason you couldn't reuse that pressure plate, flywheel doesn't look too bad either. If you can have it resurfaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom