Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Mike NXP wantted me to check if M2V2 works with Size C RAM Ball (1.5 inch). It works.

Size B (1.0 inch): Amazon or RAM-B-238U
Size C (1.5 inch): Amazon or RAM-238U

1589842369055.png

@lesgarten
We don't have to print the whole switch panel. I printed a tab that can be superglued over the broken piece. ABS-to-ABS bonding is strong enough. With thicker material and very large bonding area, it should be much stronger than the original tab.

White tab is prototype printed in PLA. The final one will be printed in grey ABS.

View attachment 2310341

Man, now that is some development!! I had this issue, went to the junk yard, bought the whole thing with switches, and had to paint to boot! I could have just picked up this piece and called it good! Sweet work, please keep it up!

Got my M2V2 today will get pics and feedback to you tomorrow @BenCC

Also interested in the switch panel fix when you get things squirt away with that. My drivers side is on but kinda floppy. It doesn't sit firmly against the armrest.

Got my M2V2 today will get pics and feedback to you tomorrow @BenCC

Also interested in the switch panel fix when you get things squirt away with that. My drivers side is on but kinda floppy. It doesn't sit firmly against the armrest.

So I didn't know about this thread till last week. I read over the first few pages and I see people talking about broken switchplates, and I am a member in good standing in that community. I read and read and read, and nobody addresses the switchplate problem that costs $600 to fix with Toyota parts. Unless you own 2003 and later, then it's like $75 or something. I read for days hoping somebody pushed forward with this. I mean I read 40 something pages cause I just know somebody had to want to fix this. Nope, crickets only!

So at first I figured couldn't be done I guess. Thought about it a few days and thought WTH, let me send him a PM. He says, send me your switch and I'll look at it. I mean it ain't even been a week and it's fixed. IMO, this switchplate deal should have it's own thread! I'll bet there's ton of them out there. Below is an actual photograph of me when I saw those pictures above of a switch that can now last through a Nuclear winter!

smile-cartoon.jpg

So I didn't know about this thread till last week. I read over the first few pages and I see people talking about broken switchplates, and I am a member in good standing in that community. I read and read and read, and nobody addresses the switchplate problem that costs $600 to fix with Toyota parts. Unless you own 2003 and later, then it's like $75 or something. I read for days hoping somebody pushed forward with this. I mean I read 40 something pages cause I just know somebody had to want to fix this. Nope, crickets only!

So at first I figured couldn't be done I guess. Thought about it a few days and thought WTH, let me send him a PM. He says, send me your switch and I'll look at it. I mean it ain't even been a week and it's fixed. IMO, this switchplate deal should have it's own thread! I'll bet there's ton of them out there. Below is an actual photograph of me when I saw those pictures above of a switch that can now last through a Nuclear winter!

smile-cartoon.jpg
I am glad I helped and solved your problem. This is not a hard project. It took me about one hour on CAD and a couple of prototypes to have a perfect fit. I am going to give the easy fix a Make number, probably Make 24.

The tab is broken?
Not broken, just stretched way out causing it not to sit flush. Like many of the other clips I am finding, things are goobered up and not allowing the tab to catch properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom