What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shop went into full "build mode" this week...
IMG_5658.jpg
IMG_5677.jpg
IMG_5681.jpg

That's a deal!

My local Walmart offers free delivery/pickup for Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT285/65R18 $236.70 @ (none within 6 local super centers.

No kidding - I couldn't resist at that price. I checked it a couple times, and verified the model number to make sure i was getting what I thought I was. Fedex dropped them at my house the next day.

584EF58C-E540-4A0A-A8EB-FCBA02181641.jpeg
06A7967A-ACB6-4AAE-8F70-19C760DA3AA1.jpeg

Converted my low beams and the little parking lights in the headlights to LEDS. Also did the reverse lights. Went with the Hikari low beams. Overall, I’m pleased with the output. I feel like they could have a little more distance to them. Probably going to order the high beams now.

Hatch lighting. Highly recommend reaching out to Equipt1.com for some of these National Luna touch lights. Two lights is probably overkill but if I need to perform surgery on a person sitting on the tailgate (I am not a doctor) at night and not attract bugs I am covered.

View attachment 2052509

View attachment 2052509
Are the lights hardwired to the truck or battery powered? If hardwired what did you tap into?

Would appreciate your opinions on what my tires could worth if listed on craigslist. I want to go with Nitto 285/17's on my newly purchased and repainted RW's. The 5 tires I would like to sell are BFG AT KO 275/70/18 E rated, only 5,000 miles and look perfect. I know I'm going to take a bath on these but the RW's sitting in the garage are torturing me LOL. Thanks.

Looks like Nantucket.

That is Nantucket Sound, but the western edge — Chappaquiddick Island. We were on East Beach on Cape Poge. We’ve been coming here for about 16 years.

Last edited:
42CC57CB-6338-45C4-90C1-A96D8F427786.jpeg
54289E08-4E9D-4205-A845-149CD42EA77C.jpeg
10B31EBF-FBC0-4A30-B541-375089BE17CF.jpeg
9F49E7A5-7E12-46E1-812B-306C9000408B.jpeg

Got my ARB recovery points and ARB recovery kit in this weekend. John Love from Metal Tech 4x4 even through in a complementary MT pint glass. Now I just gotta go get this thing stuck somewhere!

View attachment 2077840View attachment 2077841
Converted my low beams and the little parking lights in the headlights to LEDS. Also did the reverse lights. Went with the Hikari low beams. Overall, I’m pleased with the output. I feel like they could have a little more distance to them. Probably going to order the high beams now.

Which LED's did you use in the reverse lights?

Which LED's did you use in the reverse lights?
I installed Auxito reverse lights in my ‘16 200 about 2 months ago, and they are absolutely phenomenal - brighter than other brands I’ve tried such as Sylvania and Philips. Shockingly bright and clear, and a pure white color. They’re almost like headlights for the rear. That combined with their 168 LED replacement bulbs for the license plate lights (comes in a cheap 10 pack that is very likely compatible with other cars you may have) is a great and affordable touch to add crisp, bright, modern white lighting to the rear of your LC.

I’ve pretty much swapped every halogen bulb out for LEDs in every car in the garage, and it makes you never want to go back. It’s a nice, modernizing change at night, and honestly makes you wonder why 200’s which have LED headlights have these dim, off white halogen bulbs elsewhere.

Reverse Light

License Plate Light

Last edited:
Got my truck back from BudBuilt today. New auxiliary fuel tank from LRA, kaymar rear bumper, tjm snorkel, and aluminum skids. Awesome work and great team to work with. Highly recommend all of the products. @wardharris @Taco2Cruiser

Got my truck back from BudBuilt today. New auxiliary fuel tank from LRA, kaymar rear bumper, tjm snorkel, and aluminum skids. Awesome work and great team to work with. Highly recommend all of the products. @wardharris @Taco2Cruiser

Photos please. :)
Especially curious about the Kaymar.
What size tank did you put in?

Photos please. :)
Especially curious about the Kaymar.
What size tank did you put in?
24g and I will take photos tomorrow once it's all cleaned up. Really happy with all gear and install.

Started yesterday afternoon and finished up this morning. Fridge goes in soon.
View attachment 2082419

Nice!

Q for you since I’ve seen very few half drawers with a side kit,..

-Have you figured out whether the left-side of the fit-kit will still work at that lower drawer level?

Nice!

Q for you since I’ve seen very few half drawers with a side kit,..

-Have you figured out whether the left-side of the fit-kit will still work at that lower drawer level?
Thanks.

My setup is a Roller Floor on the left and a Roller Floor/Roller Drawer on the right. I SWEAR I’ve seen photos of the Side Kit installed with the Roller Floor, but ARB tech support says no, it won’t work unless you DIY it. Very disappointed as I wanted a finished look on both sides. ARB does sell a Carpet Kit (just a roll of their carpet) that can be used to finish off the exposed bare metal. I’ll get to that in a couple of weeks.

ARB also makes a mid-height Roller Floor/Roller Drawer which IS compatible with the Side Kit (I had to educate their tech about the product as he was unaware). I would have gone that route if I had known the side kit wouldn’t work as built.

I’ll probably try to get creative with the extra carpet on the driver’s side to make it look more finished.

... I SWEAR I’ve seen photos of the Side Kit installed with the Roller Floor, but ARB tech support says no, it won’t work unless you DIY it.

Not true. I am in Oz and have the required components to mount the side kit for the Roller Floor ordered with ARB. It has arrived in store but I have not had time to collect.

Will post images when I receive and have installed (with part numbers).

Cheers
Steve
Adelaide, Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom