What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut some leftover toolbox tray insert foam for the Owner's Manual in the glove box. Call me crazy but I hate rattling :bang:
Let me know if you want the dimensions, LOL.
IMG_20190828_181645.jpg

My Toyo OC II we’re down to 3 to 4/32 and had a plug in the afore mentioned bolt hole so figured it was time. Decided to go with Geolander G015. Comparing worn to new, but the geolanders ride quieter. I noticed wind noise for the first time. Handle well too. Just nice to be on new rubber.

After some searching I found the new tire button under navigation setup and finally figured out the maintenance settings (put in miles TO the next rotation or other event). Now if I can just avoid the construction debris on 183 for a while.

94FDEBB3-5F46-4045-9B54-27F39A1C75CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Cut some leftover toolbox tray insert foam for the Owner's Manual in the glove box. Call me crazy but I hate rattling :bang:
Let me know if you want the dimensions, LOL.
View attachment 2070445

Funny you post that, because just last night, I was thinking I would cut foam to fit the glove box, but not just a blank piece... Intesd, a piece that filled the entire lower space, with holes cut to fit the various specific items I keep in there. Not so much for rattle, but so I can pull and replace items with one had while driving & not have to sift through the same pile of items...or have stuff fall out on a bumpy trail, etc...

Last edited:
Got (paid for) the engine bay cleaned up. I don't have a before shot but it was covered in fine dirt/silt, etc. I'm actually kind of shocked by just how much dirt was in there, but then again I run through the Nevada desert all of the time.

-pccqaBGi_f3eyVFChXb2qSQ4pBpP81lKk9cyBhmxVIgIH6r4bvSGHKZAyJAqwGMrhNdyZg7g2nEUhfKTQWplHVdlBQTsx1yUA46OKfQO9lvrRUo55f4_-v6yoB4s8-hVSdWx2puGSQO87jUHPR-SrwDnXNXLLFcQxxXhrzJfFruVwCyCWpjqdBsmMwvIcmJBGJxhHJEDrK4b_YB8bNkoQO-FNvGtUM-H3R8Fh8AhRWW8prW1hDi5FyOkxZgMIZdnf06cGVRu1Dm6gg5_c70H1Aqrnk4CeZQCYnBsd7OuEAs2WLkH1J5YPXeYt1-TSwJz3sFqmNaYPWB8nOGxRQrZpwyGgk6qAXkkroI9qKXjeIZI87gXTTHFigYHNnkExvOPmFIxZcUFKDjdN1vh_0N8QjiLouum7QavCpFlxftoa29WpLooS29yIv_6tfiUEmWhWnTwGAtL0PqFMBtGq_e7Pkt_zcdWF2uvQSIVczSaDxFOt-EB4SfbOeHpZH-FvFMrMCQ1oaMvsU0hnLCsRVzsSKiHAsrv0L8qYckxtcsjmv-CKzTrwpxj5y0m-shGcdk6AhJI7qj9cEqNJYbs-Dlvdcvis1GHjolbWmoQ8aLauUz70cxM9UKrEzLyku-f2uPRuC3UtmZsGMWFAyUkqND3LazlPXVq2lAzW2X8kFDiDt_9PPBVKQRBqA=w1920-h934-no

Got (paid for) the engine bay cleaned up. I don't have a before shot but it was covered in fine dirt/silt, etc. I'm actually kind of shocked by just how much dirt was in there, but then again I run through the Nevada desert all of the time.

-pccqaBGi_f3eyVFChXb2qSQ4pBpP81lKk9cyBhmxVIgIH6r4bvSGHKZAyJAqwGMrhNdyZg7g2nEUhfKTQWplHVdlBQTsx1yUA46OKfQO9lvrRUo55f4_-v6yoB4s8-hVSdWx2puGSQO87jUHPR-SrwDnXNXLLFcQxxXhrzJfFruVwCyCWpjqdBsmMwvIcmJBGJxhHJEDrK4b_YB8bNkoQO-FNvGtUM-H3R8Fh8AhRWW8prW1hDi5FyOkxZgMIZdnf06cGVRu1Dm6gg5_c70H1Aqrnk4CeZQCYnBsd7OuEAs2WLkH1J5YPXeYt1-TSwJz3sFqmNaYPWB8nOGxRQrZpwyGgk6qAXkkroI9qKXjeIZI87gXTTHFigYHNnkExvOPmFIxZcUFKDjdN1vh_0N8QjiLouum7QavCpFlxftoa29WpLooS29yIv_6tfiUEmWhWnTwGAtL0PqFMBtGq_e7Pkt_zcdWF2uvQSIVczSaDxFOt-EB4SfbOeHpZH-FvFMrMCQ1oaMvsU0hnLCsRVzsSKiHAsrv0L8qYckxtcsjmv-CKzTrwpxj5y0m-shGcdk6AhJI7qj9cEqNJYbs-Dlvdcvis1GHjolbWmoQ8aLauUz70cxM9UKrEzLyku-f2uPRuC3UtmZsGMWFAyUkqND3LazlPXVq2lAzW2X8kFDiDt_9PPBVKQRBqA=w1920-h934-no

Nice!
Can you tell more about the cleaning method you used? Thinking about dealing wiring harnesses, etc

When I returned to Austin airport from Ft. Lauderdale, I found this waiting for me in the right rear tire of my LC. AAA plugged the tire but I'm wondering if the plug will be a permanent enough repair til I replace tires in a month or two. What do you think about plugs?View attachment 2067664
I’ve had the same plug in my KO2 for over 50k miles so far, still haven’t changed it.

@Markuson

My guy got back to me. This is what he said.

"basic pressure washer cleaning, diluted citrus degreaser, The main product that protects and dresses the engine bay is called Manettes Mega Shine....Feel free for the guys to order from the creator himself John Manette on FB let the guys know Darrel from Lusso Auto Spa recommended them i'm sure he can make a bundle deal for the guys"

@Markuson

My guy got back to me. This is what he said.

"basic pressure washer cleaning, diluted citrus degreaser, The main product that protects and dresses the engine bay is called Manettes Mega Shine....Feel free for the guys to order from the creator himself John Manette on FB let the guys know Darrel from Lusso Auto Spa recommended them i'm sure he can make a bundle deal for the guys"
What preparation does he do? Disconnected the battery? Bag/foil over the alternator? Etc?

Good with everything but the basic pressure washing?

So I'm pretty sure their use of the pressure washer is variable and is clearly a generic way of saying they used water. They also use a machine that steams the water on delicate parts.

@Sac Cerevisiae they cover the electrical components with bags.

Finally saw one too many posts of another 200 on 285/70r18 Ridge Grapplers and had to join the club - pretty big jump from my 275/70r18 KO2’s. Only had them a day but initial impressions are awesome and they really do seem to be the perfect size for a lifted 200. Will update my suspension thread with more pics soon.

View attachment 2048133
Are you running wheel spacers? Looks Great!

Installed RedArc pro elite brake controller. Pretty simple mod using the harness that came in the glove box along with Redarc harness and switch plug. I installed on the right side as that is naturally where my hand would go if a manual override is needed.
7D6AB7BF-15A9-4DE8-9837-043DA7CB5DD0.jpeg
1A278FC1-C798-4A51-A79B-F1EC236789D5.jpeg
7933FD2C-8504-4406-89FA-D563355A6F06.jpeg

Wires at the top come from the RedArc harness and the wires in the bottom of the photo are from the Toyota supplied harness.

It’s been maintenance week for me. I changed the engine and diff gear oils, lubed the drive train and rotated tires. I was quite surprised at the amount of fine particulate that had built up on the magnets in the diffs. Also, it appears that my front driver brake rotor has an unusual amount of wear, and symmetrical spotting like it is warped. I’ll be looking into that in the days to come.

COPILOTS arguably the best mods or additions you can make to your Land Cruiser or your life! We picked up our babies and copilots on Saturday . Meet Jackson “Jax” and Jezebel “Jezzy”. We lost our baby Zoey in April and it’s been heart wrenching. We tried to find a matched pair of Doberman rescues, both near and far and tried local Doberman breeders and nothing was coming together. Ultimately fate stepped in and enter babies Jackson and Jezebel. We so look forward to our adventures together. We’ll be bringing our copilots everywhere we bring the 200.
A1B7E60F-31A1-43B7-BF3F-3D4756B82796.png
12D3520C-666D-48A6-9B4C-033FE22EAC4F.jpeg
7C666979-38DB-4610-AC85-0FBF5356FA1F.jpeg
872315C1-EF1C-4016-A1F2-107980E09BC3.jpeg

B9669230-4FA6-4CCA-9DD3-DDCDDD6A9406.jpeg

When I returned to Austin airport from Ft. Lauderdale, I found this waiting for me in the right rear tire of my LC. AAA plugged the tire but I'm wondering if the plug will be a permanent enough repair til I replace tires in a month or two. What do you think about plugs?View attachment 2067664

I've plugged many of tires and have never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom