What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious what you're gonna do about a spare tire?
If I travel I will put it on a roof rack. Otherwise I don't want to carry the weight.

Not true. I am in Oz and have the required components to mount the side kit for the Roller Floor ordered with ARB. It has arrived in store but I have not had time to collect.

Will post images when I receive and have installed (with part numbers).

Cheers
Steve
Adelaide, Australia
Well, maybe things are different down under, but I can tell you this:

1) the the front bracket of the side kit is too short to a) clear the wheel well and b) to match the height of the bracket on the drawer side.
2) there are no mounting holes on the side of the Roller Floor with which to mount the rear bracket, so unless you want to drill through the side frame (or use self tapping screws) there's no way to mount the bracket.

Swapped the stock 21's for 18" Tundra wheels and 275/70 Pirellis. I'm pretty happy with it.

IMG_6413.jpg

Started yesterday afternoon and finished up this morning. Fridge goes in soon.
View attachment 2082419

What part number is that 1/2 height drawer on the left?

I have been thinking of swapping out my full size for something like that. I thing it's a way better setup as if you are putting stuff in the back the tail gates holds in the groceries instead of the rear hatch window.

To fit the side kit likely you need just a plate of aluminum bolted to the side.

If I travel I will put it on a roof rack. Otherwise I don't want to carry the weight.

I can barely pick up a tire/wheel to stab it onto the lug studs when rotating, I can't imagine putting one up on the roof. Sounds like a good way to get hurt.

What part number is that 1/2 height drawer on the left?

I have been thinking of swapping out my full size for something like that. I thing it's a way better setup as if you are putting stuff in the back the tail gates holds in the groceries instead of the rear hatch window.

To fit the side kit likely you need just a plate of aluminum bolted to the side.

The left side is part number RF1045. ARB also makes a mid-height version that's about 2" taller and about 3" shorter than the full size unit. That part number is RFH1045. You can see a video of that unit with the side kit installed here: Outback Solutions Modular Roller Drawer Systems - ARB 4x4 Accessories

Weathertech mats ordered, arrived and “installed”. Ordered “tan” but actually dark khaki. Not the exact carpet color match advertised, but they’ll do just fine.

Decided that I didn't want to wait until the radiator gives out. So at 220k miles I replaced the following today:
Radiator
Upper and lower hoses
Waterpump
Thermostat
Idler pulley
Tensioner
Fan clutch bearing bracket

It was a little more time consuming than I expected, coming from a 3rd gen 4runner with manual transmission. I could replace the water pump on the 4runner in an hour, which requires taking the timing belt off! All this took me 6 hours.

Next on the list is changing out the spark plugs.

Spent Friday in Beautifiul Big Bear. Sidewinder and Heartbreak Ridge.

Ok, here are some pics. We go once a month. The week before there was a local rainstorm, 2 inches in some parts.

Heartbreak 1_LI.jpg

Heartbreak 2_LI.jpg

Heartbreak 3.jpg

Heartbreak 4.jpg

Heartbreak 5.jpg

Did a little paint prep and rattle can magic. Before and after:

40564ACA-96A6-4048-8021-3C8262FE2143.jpeg

21E9A19D-EA23-468F-AB0C-807BD176E02D.jpeg

Took off my running boards. Sliders in my future.

Well, maybe things are different down under, but I can tell you this:

1) the the front bracket of the side kit is too short to a) clear the wheel well and b) to match the height of the bracket on the drawer side.
2) there are no mounting holes on the side of the Roller Floor with which to mount the rear bracket, so unless you want to drill through the side frame (or use self tapping screws) there's no way to mount the bracket.

OK I have collected the roller floor adaptor panel kit from ARB.

If you want one the part number is RFFKADP1045 (R or L for right or left.

11944.jpg

Once this is installed (and I have to remove the drawers completely apparently to fit the adaptor kit) then you can attach the side kit.

I don't have time to fit today but will do so this week and post images.
IMG_0534.jpeg

Cheers
Steve

OK I have collected the roller floor adaptor panel kit from ARB.

If you want one the part number is RFFKADP1045 (R or L for right or left.

View attachment 2085026

Once this is installed (and I have to remove the drawers completely apparently to fit the adaptor kit) then you can attach the side kit.

I don't have time to fit today but will do so this week and post images.
View attachment 2085028

Cheers
Steve
Thanks for sharing the part number and kit photos. I’ll check with ARB USA to see if this is available here in the states. Can’t wait to see the finished look. Will also be curious whether you have to remove everything from the vehicle, or if you just remove the roller floor and tray/drawer from the frame for installation.

Was that a kit you bought somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom