Builds 1985 FJ60 Gets a Holley Sniper EFI Setup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sometimes it’s the little things. New wiper pivot covers from Cruiser Corp! Also some new paint on my wiper blades Brings it all together!

19541231-60C9-4BA6-9CD1-74DE7F81DC2E.jpeg

4CDF67C4-8C3D-433A-8294-B4E880ADAD17.jpeg

When I desmogged I actually found that the connection to the cooler was loose and leaking (another exhaust leak). I was lucky though both nuts came off without issue on the j pipe.

When I desmogged I actually found that the connection to the cooler was loose and leaking (another exhaust leak). I was lucky though both nuts came off without issue on the j pipe.

Kroil saved me time and effort!

1 of the rusty nuts holding the EGR j-pipe broke off and I'm having trouble getting to the other. At this point I don't mind keeping the EGR cooler and j-pipe there as long as they're not in play. Any advice would helpful.

Get a big phat Remflex gasket and it will seal up with one nut and bolt.

If you break both then you will have to pull it

I soaked it wit PB blaster but I concur that kroil is the way to go.
I soaked it all in PB for a few days but I wasn't so lucky. I think my options are to break the other bolt to get the J pipe off then have the block off plate welded on or pull the manifold and have the bolt extracted. Am I missing something?

I soaked it all in PB for a few days but I wasn't so lucky. I think my options are to break the other bolt to get the J pipe off then have the block off plate welded on or pull the manifold and have the bolt extracted. Am I missing something?

Nope. You are correct.

Maybe Just punt and get a header.

I still have the pulley and fuel pump before I get to the sniper and now this. How much work are headers? If I pull the manifold will getting it back on be as simple as a new gasket and bolting it on or is there more work?

It’s more work. Exhaust will need to be refit to the header.

This whole time I thought mine were ugly because toyota made them that way but definitely on the to do list now. Did you prime and paint or just rattle can black?
Just rattle can with some satin black!

I still have the pulley and fuel pump before I get to the sniper and now this. How much work are headers? If I pull the manifold will getting it back on be as simple as a new gasket and bolting it on or is there more work?

I vote header! It’s a bit more work, but really cleans up the engine bay.

I still have the ... fuel pump before I get to the sniper...

Wait... if you mean the stock fuel pump then you'll not be using that if you go Sniper (although there IS a plan that keep it)

Update..
I’ve been waiting for @Racer65 to get his power steering pumps back in stock so I can have a new pump with my fresh gear box. So yesterday I got it installed. Only to have it blow fluid out of the retaining nut. I tightened it down and still had fluid every where. I shot a message of to racer65 last night and he got back to me right away. Told me to check my old box and see about an O-ring on retainer nut. Sure enough my old box had an o-ring on the retaining nut the new one did not. So, I tore it all back out today and removed the pulley to install my old retaining nut into the new box. Once I got it all back together no leaks. After the fact I see the instructions in the box...... I also installed new hoses. I used the one racer65 recommends on his site. I really like how it sits low flat and out of the way. She is rolling smooth now with a new pump and box!

View attachment 2017087

View attachment 2017088

View attachment 2017089

View attachment 2017090

View attachment 2017091

Update: still leaking like a stuck pig out of my retainer bolt. Racer is going to send me a new oring. Hope that gives me the fix!

It’s more work. Exhaust will need to be refit to the header.
I need less work. The car is parked on the street and I need the city to leave me alone so the goal is to get it running first.

Just rattle can with some satin black!
Sounds cheap and easy. This I like.

Wait... if you mean the stock fuel pump then you'll not be using that if you go Sniper (although there IS a plan that keep it)
I'm definitely going sniper. I've had it for a week now. Sadly, I still need an electric pump. I also need to do something about the air pump. Then may just maybe I'll go for headers.

Do you have a torch? Try heating up the nuts until they are nice and toasty and then while still hot see if they turn. a MAP gas torch is probably hot enough...nothing fancy like acetylene needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom