What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I just re-weighed her and she lost about 80 pounds!!
Prinsu roof rack/Alu-Cab shadow awn/Tepui RTT = 6780 lbs
Alu-Cab Expo/ Prinsu Alu adapter/Alu-Cab shadow awn = 6700 lbs

It may actually be closer to 90 lbs as I have more fuel onboard than when I first weighed it.

On a third thought.. I had less than a quarter tank when weighed the first time and half a tank this time that is like 30 lbs in fuel, so it may be closer to 110lbs!!!

Last edited:
Wanted to upgrade to disc brakes on my 91 FJ80. So I bought a 1997 LX450 rear axle on e-bay. $500 shipped to AZ as a bonus it has a factory e locker and of course its full float. The axle was located in Massachusetts so I knew I was taking a chance as far as rust was concerned. I guess I'm spoiled living in Arizona because it arrived this past weekend and whoa! The rust is so bad the axle housing is flaking chunks. I planned on buying new rotors, calipers, pads and clips. So the rust on those is a non issue. I also plan to delete the ABS components as they are not needed on my 91. I just don't trust the housing and brackets. Anyone have or know where I can purchase a stripped axle housing? Also, can I use my current 91 housing? I would rather keep it whole but it could be option if I cant find a donor housing. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!View attachment 1932881View attachment 1932882View attachment 1932883View attachment 1932884View attachment 1932885
dont buy any chassis parts from mass or NY they will rusted orange

Oh Shiite you did it, how bad was the fab did you do it all yourself?? it looks sick Im getting rid of maggiolina up top and frontrunner rack too top heavy and may go this route of GFcampers route.

Yes did everything myself, even put it on the roof by myself! As you know I started planning and building this conversion last fall and it has been a blast, but waiting for warm weather has been the biggest challenge!!
Sikaflex does not cure below 50 degrees!
You would laugh if you knew how I got it on the roof!
I'll dig up a pic!

Redneck engineering at it's best!!!

20190318_152611.jpg

The LX has finally given up her DD duty. Picked up a 2008 Tundra DC Limited 4x4 with only 68k on it.
B3C4E98C-2144-41E0-89D9-E83B67C95886.jpeg

Does it fit in the garage?

I traded my Tacoma for one last weekend this weekend did front brakes, oil change, added Scangauge, added Weathertech matts, new windshield.

Looks good, just a heads up if you pull ashtray the scanguage fits right in there wire can run through the dash

It is times like this I’m glad I don’t know where to buy time on an automatic parts washer. :lol:
FD63E524-AD8E-48CE-84DA-14071283E39E.jpeg

I’m afraid what the amount I’d be willing to spend. :lol:

So nice... finish the trailer and you get back in the garage!!

Finished up some much needed maintenance. New rear brake calipers, pads, new brake shoes, new rotors, new rear brake hoses, new fuel filter, and new tires. Then washed it.
0323191150.jpg
0323191007a.jpg
0323191007.jpg
0323191339_HDR-01.jpeg

First time posting on this thread.
My dad and I did a rear heater bypass (completely) because the old pipes broke on Thursday and all the coolant drained out :(
We also replaced the EGR VSV and re-mounted it outside the intake for easier access.
First time I dig into my 80 so I'm proud/excited on getting this work done.
The EGR VSV code was the only code we have and hope to finally not see that engine light turn on for a long time.

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1865.jpeg

IMG_1891.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

IMG_1895.jpeg

That's how I cleaned mine plus a 5 gal bucket of HF super duper (illegal in Calif.) degreaser.

I’m using simple green and SuperCleaner. I think the purple stuff is better.

I also just discovered the power of fresh scotch pads. I’ve just recycled the ones out of the kitchen for years. I’m an idiot. Fresh ones work ten times better on machined surfaces.

I had become so frustrated that I started searching Craigslist for used parts cleaners. :lol:

One side almost done with cleaning and paint prep. If I stay out of the beer fridge I may finish dismantling and cleaning the other side so I can paint tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom