Bolt on turbo kit (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Too bad I'm already on the list, I'm awake... sorta :eek:

Joey if you hadn't sold me on the S/C a year ago, it would have been gone in 60 seconds

I’ll be hp dyno testing pre-turbo, post-turbo and post-SC (my truck) for a flurry of data points.
Perfect. And I'll be very curious over time with other's turbo experience - power gains, power curve, mpg, seat of pants test, etc. compared to s/c. My '96 is approach 250k with almost 100k on the s/c and will eventually do 'something' when I 'have to' whether rebuild(s) along with the s/c or moving to your turbo.
Thanks again for pushing through all these details and hard work with this project.

Just got the call from the emissions lab. The front CAT is no good and the ECU is at maximum adjustment parameter to compensate for the bad CAT. New CATs being ordered now to install. Then it needs to be driven for 500 miles for burn in before starting the process over again. Small hurdle. No big deal. It works out ok because my friend’s shop time had to be pushed back til 2/1
Purely out of curiosity, do you need to use OEM cats?

Ive been running a single cat so I could route the exhaust over the frame. No issues except for a very occasional CEL if im running it hard, long hill climbs, pulling a heavy trailer etc. Im expecting I'll probably have to go back to two cats with the turbo to avoid CEL. Ive seen options for tricking the 02 sensor but not sure if that's a good way of solving the problem.

According to Peter no so long as they have an EO which Flowmaster does.
That EO thing, it unlocks so many possibilities. I really commend any manufacturer willing to go through the rigorous CARB testing procedure. It’s what separates the men from the boys (or the women from the girls)!

Ive been running a single cat so I could route the exhaust over the frame. No issues except for a very occasional CEL if im running it hard, long hill climbs, pulling a heavy trailer etc. Im expecting I'll probably have to go back to two cats with the turbo to avoid CEL. Ive seen options for tricking the 02 sensor but not sure if that's a good way of solving the problem.

2 3" cats will fit and still be able to go over the frame. Mine are welded directly to each other, there is not much extra space under there.

Making your own O2 simulator for less than $2 will solve your issue. I used to have P420 until I did this mod, do a search online and you'll find it. That O2 sensor after the cat does nothing but inform you of your cat is not doing as good of a job so go ahead and fool it for passing emission. I've had to do that as soon as I replaced the two oem cats with a single magnaflow cat. I'd never run w/o a cat but P420 is just a nuisance.

Making your own O2 simulator for less than $2 will solve your issue. I used to have P420 until I did this mod, do a search online and you'll find it. That O2 sensor after the cat does nothing but inform you of your cat is not doing as good of a job so go ahead and fool it for passing emission. I've had to do that as soon as I replaced the two oem cats with a single magnaflow cat. I'd never run w/o a cat but P420 is just a nuisance.
Thanks, I have the same magnaflow downpipe and single cat. I'll look into it. I would prefer to keep a single cat setup.

I'm confused on this pre-pre-pre list. Are you saying all 25 units are already spoken for?

I'm confused on this pre-pre-pre list. Are you saying all 25 units are already spoken for?

25 was the number I was originally making. That number has changed. Since I now have two shops playing very close attention to what I’m doing so that they can duplicate my efforts, I will no longer be stating publically ANY shipping, shipped, or production numbers. Otherwise I think I’ve gone above and beyond with transparency and documenting practically every effort to bring this to life.

ya, I’m not intersted in how many you are making, just wondering if any of us can buy the kit once it’s realeased or is the only way to get one to be on the “list”? And if so, is the list full?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom