Builds 'Brightening' a Fj60 (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@mattressking This thread is going to cost me more money. Love your work, especially that new EGR...that was a needle in a haystack to find.

Thanks! The EGR really caught me off-guard. I didn't want to install it unless I really needed to, but I wanted to sort out the hesitations. Threads are anti-seized and it's high temp painted in case I end up pulling it off and do a full de-smog.

@beno did you ever test fit the HZJ7X air cleaner assy?

17700-17350 / 17700-17360

Curious how the brackets line up (if at all). Sorting through my options and if I could go brand new, that would avoid refinishing and looking for a clean housing to work with.

Last edited:
First batch has arrived for the air cleaner. Air box should be here this week. Yay.

3DAE3758-B22F-4CD8-8034-9E18C3578C38.jpeg

Mock up is done. Pending air rail plugs so i can remove the rail and some more vac line so i can route the two across the valve cover neatly.

If anyone has a clean fj62 vac modulator bracket let me know, I’ll take it off you, it will work perfectly now that the factory bracket is gone.

Last item is the routing of the distributor vent vcv back into the intake. Right now it’s to atmosphere while I sort how I want it to mount and look. @Joe_E had a nice method but I’m trying to utilize what is available before I drill anything.

Once those items are wrapped up, off comes the intake for powder!

6DE6ECB1-1B4F-41F0-9043-682241D021B0.jpeg

9A70F6E2-09D4-451C-8E20-47A069EF6879.jpeg

Don't know if I missed it!
But is this a desmog for your truck or just a change in air cleaner canister?

Oh ok cool!

I should be doing a long shake down drive towards Ventura soon.
Maybe we can meet! Would like to see your rig.

Just read entire thread start to finish. nice work sir!

our trucks are similar in many regards. Pissed that photo bucket (sucks). took down all my photos. I'll see about reposting.

Just read entire thread start to finish. nice work sir!

our trucks are similar in many regards. Pissed that photo bucket (sucks). took down all my photos. I'll see about reposting.
Thank you!
It's been fun seeing the transformation and the hard work I have put into it. I'm pretty satisfied with the way it turned out.
Yeah I have photos in photo bucket myself I think I need to check if they are still there as well. Looking forward to meeting you and your rig.

Successsfully removed AIR rail/studs and annoyed @NookShneer with my excitement.

Local dealer got the plugs in next day so I popped them in at lunch. Can’t beat that level of convenience and price wasn’t bad at $6.80 a pop. Ordered a few more bits to arrive by Tuesday. Truck drives great and I’m in love with all the room cleared up!

Buddy from back home sent me some recently found pics from my last car...boy do I miss it some days.

D51BAAEE-4498-4823-9D3C-62D7C792C584.jpeg

6FA958A0-5843-484A-960C-424E2F09861E.jpeg

770B82EA-F105-4BF5-903D-9BDB5AD83A48.jpeg

20641526-85D3-41C6-AFE1-202AB918C490.jpeg

How about that air pump?
You going to sell it?
Mine just siezed a couple hours ago on the freeway.
:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom