Landtank Caster plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Threads
Got the Landtank Caster plates installed and panted up yesterday.

All so got all new OEM bushing pressed in the control arms & painted them as will.

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

Last edited:
These are the tools I used to get the job done.

The driver's side is not bad just the laying down & drilling, The passenger is a hole other story the pumpkin in the way in the fount & if you have a locker it's in the way in the back. Even with my 18 volt cordless small right angel Drill motor and stubby drill & a supper long 1/8 bit I could only drill the 1/8 holes from the inside all other's were drilled from the out side through to the in side.
I all so had to cut down the lager bits even using the right angle drill motor.

These are the tools I used to get the job done.

The driver's side is not bad just the laying down & drilling, The passenger is a hole other story the pumpkin in the way in the fount & if you have a locker it's in the way in the back. Even with my 18 volt cordless small right angel Drill motor and stubby drill & a supper long 1/8 bit I could only drill the 1/8 holes from the inside all other's were drilled from the out side through to the in side.
I all so had to cut down the lager bits even using the right angle drill motor.

View attachment 1486829

View attachment 1486834

IMG_1197.JPG

Yep I tend to get a bet over board with paint can. I don't like the scratches the dam parking lot leaves

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

Finally installed mine too. I'm taking it in on Saturday to get an alignment done and see what the caster looks like. I had new OEM bushings installed too. What size lift do you have?
20170628_190315.jpg
20170628_190255.jpg

20170628_190303.jpg

Finally installed mine too. I'm taking it in on Saturday to get an alignment done and see what the caster looks like. I had new OEM bushings installed too. What size lift do you have?View attachment 1487341 View attachment 1487343

View attachment 1487342
Yep, I was in a big hurry to get mine installed, But when they got here I was so concerned about losing ground clearance that I was not willing to install them with out looking for other options. My main Concern was once I drilled & welded the plates I could not go back to the stock configuration and use some Slee arms witch i think is the only way to correct caster with out losing ground clearance. Sense I had all ready bought a replacement arm [for the one I bent] the OEM bushing & landtank plates I through in the towel and went for it. If I ever change it again It's getting a three link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I will clean all that crap off the bottom of the axle that I keep getting hung up on!!!!!!!!!!!!! HO that would be SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ways I am running the OME 850J's with a 1" spacer. I think the Landtanks add about a 1/2" of lift and I am debating taking out the spacer.

The pictures in post #6 were taken right after the big rock to right of my Reg took out the right side quarter panel, marker lite & tail lite. It took a winch & a Hi lift jack to get me out of that spot. HO YA there was not a dent in my 80 before that day. Every body in are grope sustain some damage that weekend

all the small holes in the rubber should be in a straight line between the two bushings.
How big of a deal is it I think that I read on here that some years were one way some the other.The Mechanic that installed them said he matched the replacement arm that had OEM bushing in it. The rear one match my bent arm but has Slee's inthe front. The Guy is A trusted Mechanic has two 80 DD one of them it was at the shop,when we look at it the bushing they were in a straight line like you say, We look at another Customer 80 that was in the shop and could not find any holes. They look to be OEM with no off set.
img_1196-jpg.1486825

those bushings are 90* out of alignment.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, At some point after our trucks were built, Toyota updated the recommended bushing orientation. So Toyota did it both ways. My guess is it probably doesn't matter :eek:

Front lower control Arm Frame Bushing # 48061-60010
Front lower Control Arm Axle Bushing #48702-60050

5F8B0BB6-016E-49E9-A829-B303D5016379.png

If I install the above, which oem bushings do I need to replace at the time of install? The ome bushings ain’t cuttin it. Part #s appreciated.

Many thanks.

View attachment 1827980

If I install the above, which oem bushings do I need to replace at the time of install? The ome bushings ain’t cuttin it. Part #s appreciated.

Many thanks.

Look one post before yours. I'm installing mine next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom