What'd you pay for your GX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

18.7k-ish with taxes/title etc for an 06 Sports Edition with 131k miles. New Mexico vehicle with routine maintenance, timing belt done at 86k. Still need to pick up the vehicle after the dealership fixes a couple of things (~350 miles $???) then 1.under armor ($???), 2.suspension & bigger tires ($???) 3. winch, front & rear bumper ($???), and labor ($$$$$$???) cuz I do NOT know how to add this $hit!

My guess is that it will be closer to 30k than 20k...probably means I overpaid but if I'm happy so be it.

I just paid 12K for a super clean Nautical Blue on Ivory 06. Non sport, no DVD or NAV. Likely never been offroad and dealer maintained its whole life. It had 107,800 miles on it when I bought it.

The hoard of GXs is growing!! Love it!

Picked up an 08 Blizzard Pearl over Ivory from a dealership 2.5 hours from me. 121k on the odometer. 18k out the door (17.5 minus their fees and taxes). Body and interior are 9.8 out of 10. Nav, middle row entertainment (could care less about that)Full service records by Lexus of Charleston. Timing belt, water pump, tensioners, full 90k service at 96k. New Radiator at 100k, along with cv boots and front and rear brakes. Tires have at least 60-70% of treadlife left (Firestone Destinations). Two key/remotes

According to the bluetoof pairings, it was owned by someone named Jenny, because there was Jenny's phone and Jenny's Iphone in the list. LOL

It sat at the dealership for almost 2 months, and the price dropped 5k from its initial visit on Autotrader.

I think the price was fair, given the market around here, where similar models without the service have been listed in 18-23 range.

thanks Moab :) Now I need to hurry and get it ready for FJ Summit.

I paid 18.5K for my 2006 with 86k exactly two years ago today.

20150407_120140.jpg

20150407_120254(1).jpg

I wish I got a better deal on mine back in the day... But she is long paid for now so no worries!!

Thats the best kind to have Dan, PAID OFF!!! Went back to a payment for the first time in 5+ years, but it was time. My wifes car was pushing coolant and oil, clearcoat was shot, etc...Even the dealership I traded it in at was amazed that we got 137k out of a late 90s Dodge Avenger (mitsubishi galant platform). They said most died around 90k

Next up is to figure out a price for my daughter's 1st gen 4r, so she can get something newer to drive. I let her drive the GX home from dinner last night (I drove the 80 series home), and the GX scared her....Too new, too this, too that. LOL

It is very nice to have an all Toyota driveway. The GX is going to remain stock until maint and repairs will require upgrades. The 80 series may start to morph into something funner.

Just picked up an 05 silver GX, no nav, dark interior, 113k miles, 12k. The truck is spotless underneath, and inside. The dash had been on the wait list for 6months so I am optimistic that will be replaced soon. Overall, I think I got a decent deal, it was the exact color combo I wanted and without nav.

It needs the basic preventative maintenance but I'm cool with that.

I don't recall ever posting here but it looks like I am in the ball park with others on clean low miles purchased from a dealer.
My 05' 1 owner with 85k and dealer did timing belt and water pump was $18,800 out the door with T&L. No Nav, non Sport.

Any recent purchases lately? I've been looking around and it seems that the places I've tried aren't moving on their asking price. Might be because I am trying to do this over the phone being out of state.

Converting from Cdn dollars, I paid $9600US for my stock 04 GX470 - 120k miles, no nav, nice condition, air to coil conversion in back, new pads and rotors all around. TB/WP done. Will need a set of tires in a year or less. Need to baseline drivetrain oils, check small coolant leak, address rattling exhaust on one side.

Converting from Cdn dollars, I paid $9600US for my stock 04 GX470 - 120k miles, no nav, nice condition, air to coil conversion in back, new pads and rotors all around. TB/WP done. Will need a set of tires in a year or less. Need to baseline drivetrain oils, check small coolant leak, address rattling exhaust on one side.

Finding one that needs tires is the way to go (if you're putting A/T's on it, anyway) - I keep seeing GX's for sale that are advertising "new tires"...great, there's 600 bucks that's useless to me. :p

Hi Guys,
I just got mine yesterday. Gave up looking for a 100 series after talking with Dan and found a clean 2008 loaded blizzard white and grey interior with 74K miles on it for $22k. Was looking for and 07 to 09 under 100 miles.
Dealer's will not budge on price. I flew down to Florida to get it and made a weekend trip of it.
imagejpeg_7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom