500,000 mile GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently sitting at 498,800. Maybe a little premature but i have full confidence I’ll be able to break 500 in the next month.

Txgx overland did a cool article on the rig. I also mailed out my sample for engine oil analysis today so we will see how that looks!!

Whatcha think about that?
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_9795.jpeg
IMG_9276.jpeg

500k is impressive already. And knowing you are from Northern part of Michigan makes it even more impressive.
How the frame looks after 500K?

I have 250,000 on mine. I bought it stock with 98k. I put on 33s at 110k. I put on 35s at 175,000. I put on 37s at 223,000.

Roughly figure I have 275,000 miles now.

500k is impressive already. And knowing you are from Northern part of Michigan makes it even more impressive.
How the frame looks after 500K?
No holes, the area under the rear bumper cover is starting to have some bad rust

Great article and milestone! Not sure mine will make it to 500K but I think 300K is within reason. So much for the 120 platform being "light duty" compared to the 100s! Amazing vehicles to rack up that many miles with more to spare.

Here's an idea to address the crusty rear crossmember - if you haven't seen it before:

I have 250,000 on mine. I bought it stock with 98k. I put on 33s at 110k. I put on 35s at 175,000. I put on 37s at 223,000.

Roughly figure I have 275,000 miles now.
Great article and milestone! Not sure mine will make it to 500K but I think 300K is within reason. So much for the 120 platform being "light duty" compared to the 100s! Amazing vehicles to rack up that many miles with more to spare.

Here's an idea to address the crusty rear crossmember - if you haven't seen it before:
If i was planning to keep it another year or two I’d do that in a heartbeat. As it stands i need seating for 6, and this is a factory 2 row. So I’ll have to upgrade soon.

An update: I’ll post it later 😉

Last edited:
Bittersweet ending for sure. Used 2UZs are not expensive if someone wanted to resurrect it. If you choose to part I might be interested in the winch mount.

After reading this I am bumping a snorkel up my mod list!

Bittersweet ending for sure. Used 2UZs are not expensive if someone wanted to resurrect it. If you choose to part I might be interested in the winch mount.

After reading this I am bumping a snorkel up my mod list!
I’ve got a few guys local in the club who want it, but if they back out I’ll figure out how to get it to you! The HK off-road mount is so good

Bummer… hydrolocked on a stock intake?
Stock intake, my guess is the bumper “trim” didn’t help. I’ve done deeper water and hit stuff faster with the same set up, must have just hit it just right

Ok now that all the insurance stuff is sorted out:

Hydro locked the motor at 499,999 getting some filler shots for the gram. Pulled plugs immediately and it was locked up.

Ticked over 500k on the odometer being towed back to the trailhead. Luckily had a Jeep buddy with a trailer on the ride with us so he let me take the GX home on his trailer.

Since I’ve been running 285/70r17 for 25-30k miles technically it’s over 500k so I’m gonna count it.

And just closed the deal on another nice 470.
IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0698.jpeg
IMG_0880.jpeg

I saw that on marketplace not long ago, seemed to be a good deal.

I saw that on marketplace not long ago, seemed to be a good deal.
I’m very happy with the price. Frames super clean too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom