What'd you pay for your GX? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

'08, 96K, great service history and TB done @ 89K, one owner, non-nav, non-kdss, white.........has saggy bags so can't wait for a new suspension :). it's got brand new tires so yeah, that was a wasted investment.

$17K - won't win any "best deal ever" awards but she's all mine....

Picked up an 03 last week with 96k miles, one owner, all records. $7500.

2005 ML/NAV, 150k miles, $10,500. Maintained by dealer, probably never saw dirt. Needed timing belt and brakes done, then proceeded with about $4,500 in upgrades. A hell of a lot of vehicle for $15k.

image.png

Last edited:
'04, 130k, timing belt at 95k and great service records its whole life, $10k flat

Dealer says it needs a seal done on top of the center dif and quoted $1,500 but we'll see what the local shop ends up quoting without all the overhead.

I'm calling it $12k after repair and baselining. Lovin' the new toy!

Picking up an '05 tomorrow. 109k silver with grey int, nav, DVD. $12800 plus 600 for the water pump, timing belt maintenance.

Got this beauty 3 weeks ago. '05, 120k miles, nav, new timing belt, new water pump, new radiator, new plugs, new upgraded performance brake rotors and pads, new 4R rims and tires, all fluids flushed, weather tech mats for $11.5
IMG_1609.JPG

They definitely seem to be coming down in price!

They definitely seem to be coming down in price!
First post ... First GX ... Prices obviously effected by region. Live in Park City UT, in the process of buying a GX in Salt Lake City UT. Silver, on Grey, one owner with 119k, service records at almost every 5k miles at Lexus dealer. Every service done per schedule. Drove 5 different GX's and this one seemed the tightest one i drove . 2005 with Nav , ML (wanted non of the above), new tires, pads, rotors etc. A cream puff ...... $14,900 ... higher than some of the figures I have been seeing. This GX lived in a garage in Las Vegas. The price is low for Salt Lake City, higher than most i am seeing here, but I will pay the premium seeing oil change records every 5k, and every scheduled maintenance per factory etc.

Previous owner had a problem parking. Every lower quarter plastic panel is gouged, scraped etc. Used car dealer will have all of the body work fixed. I will be getting a cosmetically 9/10, clean interior, fully maintained (overly maintained), truck for the noted price. Spouse approval, then start the Overland build.

My daughter rolled my FJ 3x. She and her friends without a scratch. The GX is the replacement. FJ saved her, and i can only assume the GX is better "fortified" ... Build will start ... 2+lift, Baja rack, armor, skids, wheels + tires, etc. Thank you USAA Insurance...

Just scrolling through here, I can save you guys literally thousands - I'm a career firefighter, but do some auto brokering on the side, am a Toyota enthusiast. I've bought a couple GX's past few weeks for sub 10k, but immaculate! These are an absolute bargain right now! pm me if you need any help - no BS, I can order you GX and have it delivered to your door, zero stress!

I bought one this weekend. 2005 w/KDSS and nav, 179k miles, maintenance current but some body damage. The interior is a little rough but workable. $8150. :)

Pics!

Just picked up this cream puff 2005 non nav non KDSS with 116.5K miles for $13K

impeccable service history....water pump/ timing belt replaced at 90K,
new radiator ,thermostat and new front struts installed at 116K along with a new dash.

Drives solid, strong smooth (quiet) engine ,brakes straight and strong and looks like brand new inside, outside and underneath.. almost makes me feel bad knowing what i'm about to do it.... almost! :)

20170812_125226 by Frank Moore, on Flickr

From what I can tell they vary wildly based on region. The late model ones, 08 09, can bring substantially more than the mid years.

Lesi.jpg

This isn't a fair comparison because we bought her 5 years ago. She had 39k on the clock and was meticulously maintained. Paid $22k then rolled $3k of negative from the wife's mistake of a malibu. Just paid her off and she drives great! Almost time for the second timing belt we have 180k now. the wife finally let me put a spacer lift and trick the airbags last year. Still the vehicle of choice for road trips!

Just picked up this cream puff 2005 non nav non KDSS with 116.5K miles for $13K

impeccable service history....water pump/ timing belt replaced at 90K,
new radiator ,thermostat and new front struts installed at 116K along with a new dash.

Drives solid, strong smooth (quiet) engine ,brakes straight and strong and looks like brand new inside, outside and underneath.. almost makes me feel bad knowing what i'm about to do it.... almost! :)

20170812_125226 by Frank Moore, on Flickr
Beautiful GX! You didn't happen to pick that one up in the Tampa area, did you? Looks a lot like one I had my eye on down there...

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom