What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg

Used it at a 6 hour mountain bike race today.

Gluing together a downpipe (pardon the guano), getting close!

20160618_175342-1-jpg.1277741

Ok, kudos +1 cause the 80 set up looks awesome. Kudos +2 because you can do a 6 hour mountain bike race. That is beyond me, but I'm trying.

Thanks for the kudos. The set up got lots of looks and questions as the mtn bike crowd def isn't the LC crowd. Truth be told on the race I only managed 5 hours as you had to complete as many laps as possible of the course in 6 hours. At the 5 hour mark there wasn't enough time to get another lap in before the 6 he cut off. That would have made the whole last lap not count. I did however do one a few weeks ago that took me about 6:45 to complete. It is however getting harder and harder to do these races now that I'm past 40.

image.png
Removed OME 4" comp rear springs and went back in with the Slee 4" because I was disappointed in the comps after a fully loaded rubicon run. The photo shows 5" comps up front and Slee 4" rear. The hood is up while I admire my fan clutch mod. Black hub clutch, 10k CST Lucas silicone fluid and set to crack open at 100F+\- She definitely pulls air more aggressively than stock.

Last edited:
Yesterday got the hand throttle installed as well as the rest of the rocker switches in the center console. Well worth the effort, it looks awesome and easy to spot at night. Connected the volt meter gauge to the 2nd battery, kicks on when you hit the switch the combine batteries. Also one of the most important mod installed is the bottle opener under the front bumper.:cheers:

20160618_140714.jpg

20160618_140656.jpg

20160607_172412.jpg

Installed my Renogy 100w solar panel and Morningstar controller then rolled the truck into the sun to charge from 11.7v to 14.4 without any more effort. Blower motor cranks now no matter what engine RPM. Love this setup. In hindsight, I should maybe have gone with the thin flexible panel. The rigid panel is flush with my Prinsu crossbars and a hair above the roof ribs. I'm concerned about my REI RTT platform flexing the bars and the panel when I'm up there. Think it will be fine though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom