Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diz recurved. New aluminum bushing, new springs. Found that the secondary port on my vac advance pot doesn't work. Blew air thru both and only get movement thru the primary. Thankfully the primary does work and won't need to replace it. They aren't cheap, looks like you can get them through autozone for $115.
Cleaned up the housing really good and all the other parts. Not all the way together yet but vastly better. (Will add pix when I'm totally done).
When I drilled out the bushing I wrapped it in the bag it came in vice which also made it easier to hold. Used an 11/64 drill bit to open it it up some and using the bag made it easier to turn to put more pressure on the ID w/ the bit. Then tapped it over the advance stop pin. Went on snug and secure.

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

great info and pics....
keep up the good work !
I need to do this very soon myself ^^
I'm a tad anxious. Looks like someone responded on Daves page that his recurved diz he did and reinstalled didnt start like he'd hoped. Will see. But thank you for the kudos.

Distributor: Well its together. Won't know how it spins and runs till I get the manifolds back on ect but it looks 110% better. Too bad I didn't take a before and after picture. I had cleaned grim and such off the breaker plate which caused the 4 sliding clips to move from their respective places so when reassembly took some fiddling. Then set gap to spec 0.3mm. Installed new diz cover large o-ring and lower diz shaft o-ring. I cleaned the vacuum advance pot really well the other day and is reinstalled as well.

IMG_3904.JPG

IMG_3905.JPG

IMG_3906.JPG

IMG_3908.JPG

And referring back to my exhaust manifold and the molasses bath... its been since Friday afternoon and it looks great. Took a wire brush to it and hand scrubbed it and you can see dramatic results already. $10 winner.

IMG_3898.JPG

IMG_3899.JPG

IMG_3900.JPG

IMG_3901.JPG

Nice!! So are you going to leave in there until you get the intake back? Don't forget to coat with SOMETHING so that it doesn't flash rust.

Nice!! So are you going to leave in there until you get the intake back? Don't forget to coat with SOMETHING so that it doesn't flash rust.
Well aware and not 100% sure. So far it looks okay in there so gonna leave it for a day or two more. I need to check out how flat it is before I do too much to it since I may need to get both machined. But would like to try the graphite spray for woodstoves that was linked to me a page or so back. Just gotta find it since Tractor Supply isn't carrying it out of the winter season now.

It's already almost totally clean of rust. Thanks but there's no sense trying to put an electrolisis bath together.

I say we gold plate it and call it a day...
Major bling

The Graphite paint should do the trick nicely
Slip Plate I think?
EZ-Slide by Van Sickle.

Alright Fel, where did you find the dizzy recurve info? One specific write-up that I am not seeing or gathering from multiple?

Alright Fel, where did you find the dizzy recurve info? One specific write-up that I am not seeing or gathering from multiple?
PM sent.

Ha! I was in the local ranch supply and they had a ton of Van Sickle paint. Wondering if it was good or not...never heard of it. That manifold is looking good. Molasses, who knew?

Apparently molasses has been used for many years as a rust removal ingredient. Funny to me cause I grew up w/ grandmother and great grandparents next door... using blackstrap in all baked items goes back to being 6 years of age. And now my son at almost 4 loves to dip his finger in the pancake or waffle batter as I put it together from scratch. It's funny cuz it removes iron and is high in iron. I do know the blackstrap kind is essentially a waste product (what I just read) is that gets skimmed off the top of refining sugar cane into table sugar. It is made from the third boiling of the sugar syrup and is therefore the concentrated byproduct left over after the sugar's sucrose has been crystallized.

I have a recipe for something like brownies but made with tons of molasses and they are awesome. Haven't made them in awhile, thinking its time...mmm

I have a recipe for something like brownies but made with tons of molasses and they are awesome. Haven't made them in awhile, thinking its time...mmm
Sounds delish. Share it here if you come across it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom