Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i took a chance about 30 days ago, and ordered a couple of his unique products; seal driver and 80 mirror bracket. I followed up since I was charged but never received a shipping confirmation. Nothing. Another week goes by and I ask for a full refund. Nothing.

then last week i get an email from him about an issue with the anodizer for the seal driver laying off all their employees, and whether I'd continue to wait for it to get sorted or accept delivery of an un-anodized part. I again asked for a full refund. He replied! And money back in my pocket the next day.

As for all the orders being received on FB, a few of them confirmed it was all OEM parts. Nothing exclusive to WE.

"sorry, we cannot do your anodizing as we're laying off our workers for lack of work".

Yeah, that totally makes sense.

The Central Point Post Office must have ended their strike eh?

I’m a little baffled at all the folks still ordering from WE, just to “take a chance” and see if they still get the parts they want. I wouldn’t be supporting a business that’s been showed to have ripped off A LOT of people, and is in bankruptcy proceedings. Sure WE makes some cool stuff but I can wait till someone else takes it over or things get ironed out satisfactorily (yeah right 🧐). Starving him out would hasten the conclusion to this sorry saga.

I’m a little baffled at all the folks still ordering from WE, just to “take a chance” and see if they still get the parts they want. I wouldn’t be supporting a business that’s been showed to have ripped off A LOT of people, and is in bankruptcy proceedings. Sure WE makes some cool stuff but I can wait till someone else takes it over or things get ironed out satisfactorily (yeah right 🧐). Starving him out would hasten the conclusion to this sorry saga.
me too. and i was one of them! :doh:

it was a moment of weakness, as a last ditch effort to get a couple things i've put off and don't see anyone else reproducing any time soon. part of my warped thought process was all the legal stuff might get his business refocused on delivering parts listed as "in stock".

i was wrong. but i did get a refund, which seems like an improvement :rolleyes:

No. There isn't any IP. No trade secrets, software or patents.

The secret sauce for product businesses is called customer service.
Good because im just gonna make my own and maybe make a batch for others and dont want to run into some copyright, patent nonsense

Good because im just gonna make my own and maybe make a batch for others and dont want to run into some copyright, patent nonsense
It would be extremely easy to make a version of the quarter panel mount that shipped in two pieces instead of 1 large piece, that was connected with wood you could purchase from Lowes. Shipping would be cheaper, and installation would be much easier.

It would be extremely easy to make a version of the quarter panel mount that shipped in two pieces instead of 1 large piece, that was connected with wood you could purchase from Lowes. Shipping would be cheaper, and installation would be much easier.

You could send the customer a DXF for the wood and they can have it cut by Sendcutsend and delivered to their door.

The other part that baffles me about that is that people are saying that he is shipping the OEM parts but not the WE branded doodads... I'm assuming because they are actually out of stock or being held captive by an unpaid vendor. What's the point of ordering OEM parts from a 3rd party? I have 3 Toyota dealers within 20 mins of where I sit right now. He could probably still make good money if he updated his inventory to what he actually has in stock and guaranteed it would ship in a day. The doodads are what established him to start with and what people really want. I would venture to guess he actually has some of them on hand but it's a complete shot in the dark at this point.

I run a used auto parts business and have 2100 parts listed plus more listed every day and have no problem pulling, packing, and shipping items within 1 business day. It ain't hard. Especially with new stuff.

50 sets in queue. I'm hoping they will be available for my annual New Year's Day sale, but possibly a week or two into January. Adding case hardening to the new ones and changing little things that have come up after using them 20-30 times now.

Jason
TT

@TRAIL TAILOR put me down for one of the case hardened sets as well please.

If someone does a run of quarter panel mounts similar to Joeys I would for sure put in an order. Unless it’s @JoeCova. I’m still not sure he isn’t Joey or doesn’t have close ties with him. How hilarious would that be. Joey makes a knock off under a different name and fools us all into buying 😂.

If someone does a run of quarter panel mounts similar to Joeys I would for sure put in an order. Unless it’s @JoeCova. I’m still not sure he isn’t Joey or doesn’t have close ties with him. How hilarious would that be. Joey makes a knock off under a different name and fools us all into buying 😂.
Shm-oey Shm-omero may be opening Shm-its End soon 🤣

I’ll measure and draw a panel in CAD that is “very similar to the QPM”. I’m talking with @Wompom about it and i’ll make a thread soon to share updates.

TLDR - I don’t want $$ for it, but I ask that whoever uses the file donates some time or money to a local charity.

Last edited:
I got my order, thanks Joey.
Lucky you. Thankfully he chose not to steal from you. Seems like the rare exception. I don’t post this comment lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom