Windshield Glass ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I have read on SOR that you can buy an over the counter Windshield, but for me that's along ways away from Montana. Can you go to local Auto Glass guy and get a Windshield for a 40 or not, what I am facing...? :hmm:

Any glass shop worth their salt can cut you a flat piece of safety glass for you truck.

No big deal.

Some places will cut glass, some say it can't be done. Kinda tells you the ability of the shop you're dealing with right there. Different folks have posted lots of stories on this if you feel like doing a thread search. Otherwise....

Just call them and see what they say.;)

Best

Mark A.

yes you can go to a local place. i went to one that does all sorts of glass and got one cut out of tinted glass installed and warrantied for around $130.00 and the guy had to do it twice because the first one he cut to small.

When I needed a windshield I went to biswanger glass paid them $120.00 and it was good but they told me they had to redo it like 3 times cuz they would crack the glass during install ....

it should be the cheapest windshield you can buy.

like stated above, just s flat peice of glass, any major operation can do it.

I have cut a couple for myself and installed them. It is't a real big deal if you know what you are doing. I used to work in a glass shop. Any decent glass shop can cut you a piece of laminated glass. Bring your frame to the shop and see if they can do it. If they him and haw try a different shop. It is better to install the glass flat on a table or the floor. Since it needs to be safety glass...i.e. laminated, make sure that they give it a good seam on the edges. That helps NOT to crack it. Hope this helps...

Or just buy a rotted windshield frame with good glass.

$120 cut, installed and new gasket last monday here. Call around.

Check with the local Toyota dealer. I bought the windshield for my '76 from the dealer for around $80.00. That was a few years ago but it still might be worth a call.

Check with the local Toyota dealer. I bought the windshield for my '76 from the dealer for around $80.00. That was a few years ago but it still might be worth a call.

According to my local Yota dealer...."this item no longer available"

56111-90303 $237.51 list, $178.13 TLCA discount from Jeff at Champion Toyota, Houston plus shipping, one in stock.

BTW, this has doubled in price since 2006. I last bought 12/06 for $79.54 + the ride. Makes having it cut locally that much more attractive. Cdan will not ship glass.

You need to find the part number, and get it to your local Toyota dealership. This is what I did, and paid less than $100 for the glass, seals, and key!

Hi.
Just make sure proper glass is installed if you're not going to run OEM.
Thanks to my PO, I almost lost an eye when a tiny rock hit my windshield, dead level with my eyes.
Lucky for me, I was wearing sunglasses on a rare occasion.
A hundred or so little pieces came flying all the way to the back, hitting people sitting in the jumper seats.
Turns out the glass handled the damage on the outside, but shattered on the inside around the area of impact.

Just an experience I wanted to share. I am willing to pay the extra for OEM any day from now on.
cheers

I will try and get some pictures but the same exact thing happened recently at work on one of our vehicles. It had OEM glass and was a 2008 ford f350 standard cab 4x4. If I can find the picture it will show glass all over the dash and seats. The passenger did have to go get some small fragments removed from his eyes.

I paid about the same. Check your dealer, I prefer the factory glass.Maybe it's just my bad luck but all the no name glass seldom lasts a couple years. The toyota glass just seems to resist chipping better.
I paid 169.00 about two months ago but had some dealers quoting around
Most dealers won't ship

56111-90303 $237.51 list, $178.13 TLCA discount from Jeff at Champion Toyota, Houston plus shipping, one in stock.

BTW, this has doubled in price since 2006. I last bought 12/06 for $79.54 + the ride. Makes having it cut locally that much more attractive. Cdan will not ship glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom