Why didn't you guys tell me - Now a 570 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tabraha

Hello My Name is: TAD
SILVER Star
Threads
Why didn't you guys tell me when they get wet they multiply??? Seriously, this needs to be in the 200 FAQ.

79731278-098E-4003-84D0-F5A91759A0D2.jpg

Anyhow, picked up an 08 LX to go with the 16 LC. Going to leave the 16 relatively stock and do some very mild mods to the LX.

EA5D7E76-E3BB-4BD7-854A-3379C81FA323.jpg

The 100's are not amused by this recent influx of 200's into the stable...

0671C363-7539-47D3-A73D-B42694770C03.jpg

So at this point I've got VAIS Tech stuff on the way for NAV/DVD override and BT audio streaming as well as a CTEK BMS that should be arriving by the end of the week. Going to pick up a dual batt tray from Christo and possibly slap a 100W solar panel on the rack. I've pretty well settled on a wheel/tire package but I'll wait and post that up when it's ironed out. Nothing dramatic or groundbreaking but maybe a little different. (No, not 34" Super Swampers like on my 100 LX!)

Supposed to take it to my local metalworking guru for aux tank measurements next week. If he thinks he can do something the timeframe is to have the tank on by mid May for a 5000mi trip to NM/AZ/UT at the end of May. I told him I wasn't looking for fancy, or well integrated with fancy dual fuel necks etc. I'm looking for a simple/beefy way to transport additional fuel without jerry cans/rotopax hanging off of something.

Supposed to take it to my local metalworking guru for aux tank measurements next week. If he thinks he can do something the timeframe is to have the tank on by mid May for a 5000mi trip to NM/AZ/UT at the end of May. I told him I wasn't looking for fancy, or well integrated with fancy dual fuel necks etc. I'm looking for a simple/beefy way to transport additional fuel without jerry cans/rotopax hanging off of something.

Definitely interested what you do with this.

Definitely interested what you do with this.

He's a hot rod guy at heart and I told him to get in that mindset and don't think fancy just because of the badge. I know there are alot of people working on this but as much as I hate to say it the 100 has been in this boat even longer and still hasn't found a simple/easy path. I know it has to be more complicated than it looks b/c it's not getting done very often but I think most are shooting for something more complicated/integrated than what I need. I had timein May blocked out with him already to go for this on the 100 and I pulled up in the 200 and said "surprise!!!" He knows me well and was not the lest bit surprised... :hillbilly:

Hitched up the Turtleback this weekend and did a quick 50mi loop of ofroad at my house, state highway and then interstate to get a feel for things. The 200 was just made for expo trailers. My 100 has pulled that little bugger thousands of miles but never with that much ease. I'm super interested to see what MPG is with 33's and the trailer on long runs. The available torque of the 5.7 really does a good job with the little trailer and I think I have a shot at getting better MPG's WITH the trailer than my built 100 does by itself. Mods may not make that a reality but we shall see.

LexTurtle pics:
69700407-BDA4-4082-803B-259577C53A8A.jpg

0C2B65C2-C18E-4C5A-B515-880E82FF9478.jpg

947D8E80-81CD-4E04-95AD-192A88FBF9E3.jpg

Why didn't you guys tell me when they get wet they multiply??? Seriously, this needs to be in the 200 FAQ.

79731278-098E-4003-84D0-F5A91759A0D2.jpg

Anyhow, picked up an 08 LX to go with the 16 LC. Going to leave the 16 relatively stock and do some very mild mods to the LX.

EA5D7E76-E3BB-4BD7-854A-3379C81FA323.jpg

The 100's are not amused by this recent influx of 200's into the stable...

0671C363-7539-47D3-A73D-B42694770C03.jpg

So at this point I've got VAIS Tech stuff on the way for NAV/DVD override and BT audio streaming as well as a CTEK BMS that should be arriving by the end of the week. Going to pick up a dual batt tray from Christo and possibly slap a 100W solar panel on the rack. I've pretty well settled on a wheel/tire package but I'll wait and post that up when it's ironed out. Nothing dramatic or groundbreaking but maybe a little different. (No, not 34" Super Swampers like on my 100 LX!)

Nice staple of mechanical beasts. I am also interested in how you aux tank project will turn out and hopefully I can learn from it as I am also expecting to do the same with my 2016 LC at some point.

Your LX looks like my LX's twin

Got the first package of goodies that are inbound! Very interested to see how this performs. IF it works as good as all of the functions it is supposed to have are described I'll be a happy camper.

14FD938B-A483-4055-8D63-4E7D8CC0CCCC.jpg

Should have a bunch of packages coming next week while I'm out of town. Got the dual battery tray on the way from Christo and as soon as I get that in I'll try to get this all setup.

Lovely collection!

I never wanted to be a car collector but I'd love to have multiple Cruisers.

Got the first package of goodies that are inbound! Very interested to see how this performs. IF it works as good as all of the functions it is supposed to have are described I'll be a happy camper.

14FD938B-A483-4055-8D63-4E7D8CC0CCCC.jpg

Should have a bunch of packages coming next week while I'm out of town. Got the dual battery tray on the way from Christo and as soon as I get that in I'll try to get this all setup.
I think you made a great decision on that ctek. I've seen national Luna and IBS systems fail while out and about. Did basically that Ctek setup when it was just individual available components along with another guy that had a national luna fail and never had a problem. Plus, when I would check voltage with a multimeter and load tester, the ctek would always get batteries closer to fully charged than the national luna and IBS set ups. The only thing that may be better (but I haven't tested it yet) could be Redarc.

I think you made a great decision on that ctek. I've seen national Luna and IBS systems fail while out and about. Did basically that Ctek setup when it was just individual available components along with another guy that had a national luna fail and never had a problem. Plus, when I would check voltage with a multimeter and load tester, the ctek would always get batteries closer to fully charged than the national luna and IBS set ups. The only thing that may be better (but I haven't tested it yet) could be Redarc.

That's 100% the same as what I found. The other thing that put it over the top was an integrated MPPT charger for a roof panel.

Well, came back in to my office yesterday from a little spring break time with the fam and had this waiting:
0F89FF4C-25B0-4854-8919-121861BC2732.jpg

So I cherry picked some easy items to do that afternoon lol. Removed engine shroud, got Weathertech mats installed and dual batt tray installed.
065CE498-97A9-4303-924D-5DF89ECC00B3.jpg

4F4AC0D0-3430-4628-B10B-FEE4CECA696F.jpg

4CB63D22-41C4-4394-9DB7-D002CF010272.jpg

E31AFC63-E4FF-4541-B084-BED00DABC7A8.jpg

That 2nd batt tray really pushes the PS reservoir around. Don't really like the tension that is on the smaller hose the way it sits now but since the hose appeared in good shape I won't lose any sleep short term. I assume it's a pretty low pressure system.

Next week's goals are get the actual 2nd battery, CTEK battery management, Fuse block in cargo area, 12v/USB outlets on 2nd row and cargo area and possibly get around to VAIS Tech install. Supposed to take it in for early stage measurements/mock up on aux tank late next week also.

Making a little progress on things... I'm very fortunate to have a shop right down the street that does huge amounts of Law Enforcement vehicle installs on everything from standard patrol cars to tac command centers. They are doing the work on these electrical items and so far it is coming together nicely.

Here's the rear traffic advisor for when I'm on job sites / working on the side of the road. Got lucky and the L brackets they had dropped it just the perfect amount to be visible through the rear hatch and not be obscured by the third brake light etc. I'll get a video later or maybe even make a GIF. Not something you see everyday on a Lexus. :alien:
B370AA3D-81DC-4315-97C3-1AD6BBB032E5.jpg

UPS man dropped this little trinket off too today just in time for me to run it down to them:
0985D288-3667-46D5-BAF6-D01FE11A6238.jpg

What are we looking at you ask? Well it's the Rigid Midnight series LED lightbar. I thought a stealth install behind the grill would be even better with one of the midnight series lights to remain low key.
5E314969-5942-4401-88A7-861923D535FB.jpg

Here's the normal vs midnight:
Rigid%20Midnight%20Light.jpg

Working on dropping in a smattering of 2x2.1A usb outlets, a 12v socket for the fridge and most importantly the big one which is the CTEK BMS. Kinda ran into a hiccup as I'm waiting on the second battery to arrive still! So far though looks like the gameplan is going well with it though.
7AC1E562-1813-4FC2-9784-F8B584107304.jpg

Took a short vid of LED traffic advisor and switch plate tonight. Turned out great and the vid really doesn't capture the effective brightness. One would think the light bar gets in the way of the cargo area but I have put these in several vehicles and haven't had an issue yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom